Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Taking things too personally?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking things too personally?

In all games there are people who just take things over the top. Once people begin taking what happens in a game into real life it basically ruins the game. I bet many of us can recall of a moment in their UE Career where this has happened and quite frankly I am sick and tired of it. If you are that much of a low life to get upset over a video game find a new hobby. Once you begin harassing a person in Real life you should feel ashamed. Sure I can call out specific people, but that is not what I am going for. You know who you are. So cut the crap guys, this is a war game. If you cannot capture this basic concept then do myself and all the other players of UE a favor and stop playing. Seriously, There is no reason for it.
    The Syndicate

Re: Taking things too personally?

Originally posted by Syndicate View Post
    In all games there are people who just take things over the top. Once people begin taking what happens in a game into real life it basically ruins the game. I bet many of us can recall of a moment in their UE Career where this has happened and quite frankly I am sick and tired of it. If you are that much of a low life to get upset over a video game find a new hobby. Once you begin harassing a person in Real life you should feel ashamed. Sure I can call out specific people, but that is not what I am going for. You know who you are. So cut the crap guys, this is a war game. If you cannot capture this basic concept then do myself and all the other players of UE a favor and stop playing. Seriously, There is no reason for it.
    You should never feel threatened in any video game. The point of a video game is to have fun. Best way to avoid the aggressive players is to just ignore them. Also it's wise to never give out any personal information to other people in the game. I know players have kik and line but all personal info should be kept to yourself (also advise if you chat via those apps, create a dummy account).

I've had a few guys farm me and it's a virtual spanking but RL threats should never happen. You may always report abusive players to tech support but 3rd party apps such as kik and line, you are on your own.

The unfortunate truth is there will always be bullies in any online game you play. It's really your choice to engage with the abusive players. Again just do your best to avoid them and ignore PMs. Yeah it's a war game and there will be some trash talk, but keep it classy. Don't write anything that you couldn't screenshot making yourself look bad.

I know I can fly off the handle myself (you've seen my forum posts where I'm upset) and yeah we all can get somewhat emotional about this game since there is a a lot of time and money put in to some of these builds. But again remember it's just a game and what are you really trying to prove? " my wallet is deeper than yours"?

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

Originally posted by AnalOverload View Post
      my wallet is deeper than yours"?
      Hahaha yes I have to say your wallet is much deeper than mine

Aside from that I completely agree with you Overlord, not many people have been speaking out against this and making the situation public. It is time people start putting on their big boy pants and acting civil. I get this is a war game, but even then there are limits to what you should and should not do. Lets stick to those guys!!!
      The Syndicate

Comment

Relax, we all know these bullys are either 12 year old boys acting out in the game because such actions would get them beat up in real life or 35 year old men still living in their mother's basement and talking to other players the way they wish they could talk to their mothers....lol.

Doesnt take a big man to make a cyber threat, in fact there is a six letter word for those who do such things behind a screen, coward.

It's a game, have fun, if it upsets you, perhaps its time to try something less stressful, like needlepoint?

Comment

Sewing is very stressful, u ever tried threading a needle?
          R.I.P. To The OG 💲☆D9449D☆💲

Comment

Originally posted by WrecklessInTx View Post
            Sewing is very stressful, u ever tried threading a needle?
            There's a direct correlation between the difficulty in threading a needle and age.

Not sure that's true with bullies and cowards. I think there's been some interesting work done in the psychology of bullying but all I've heard is anecdotal. I do know that it may not be accurate (or helpful) to write them off as kids or basement-dwellers. Threads like this help though and the more UE at large knows we prefer basic decency the better.
            Come join us
            on the official
            Underworld Empire Discord Server
            https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

Yup it's a game! and made to be enjoyed (right?), but I can understand some players getting annoyed or upset. if you're a level 100 like me, fairly new and getting hit by guys lvl 400, what's the point in that? especially when someone spends money in the game.
              no point getting too worked up over it but game is full of internet cowards, that's for sure.

Comment

Taking things outside of the game is just P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C.. Still, dont ever tell anyone your real name etc; friends can quickly become enemies in this game))

Comment

That sums up Gilligaf empire. All the level 200 members and below in my empire, are being farmed by their level 500-900 members every 15 minutes around the clock. I think they don't even do eve anymore because they are constantly hitting us, lol

Comment

The best part of this game is all the crying and jealousy
                    A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

SoCo Mafia, Free Agent, Goodfellas, LightningStrike, retired.

Comment

Dilligaf sound like they're doing everything right. If you weren't meant to kill people as much as possible, during eve and talk smack the game wouldn't allow it. Yet here we are with a chat ability, pvp during eve and no restriction on how many times you can hit.

Comment

There always going to be that one guy (or group) that will invest way to much time in any game in general, maybe mental health issues may have a role. Or at least social issues.

Pretty much it is worst in PSN/Xbox Live, are good examples of that, like threats of DDoS attacks, and "swatting." I remember during the black ops 2, once they increase the zoomed in time for snipers, most of the sniping community send death threats towards the community manager of treyarch, all because they can't fill up the kill feed.
                        1594dc
                        362b14
                        Add Me

Comment

Working...
                        X