Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

More game questions (Things I have been asked but could not answer.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More game questions (Things I have been asked but could not answer.)

Hello - let me start by wishing you a happy holidays and a successful and prosperous new year!

Also, thanks for hitting the ground sprinting here in the forums lately. It is refreshing and encouraging.

A few of questions about things that are genuine curiosities:

1. Wall posts - Some seem to stay forever (or at least quite a while for many) and others have blank walls within days. I understand that a chat block may impact this, but when you hit a milestone and people wish you congratulations, these posts can disappear for some quickly and for others not. Is there a logical reason for this, or is it just one of those random things?

UWE_Duke: I am not sure when this part of design/code will be revisited. However I will create a task for it just for record.

2. Inbox - When I have had a chat thread that has gone on with someone for a week or more, their replies can sometimes not appear. I find this happens when you have a flood of newer messages from others than the thread-starter. I can sometimes access them from the news feed when they are recent, but when you go to the inbox direct, they are gone. (even though their latest reply is newer than some of the other messages in the inbox.) Similar to wall posts? IE: Do both count towards a message count limit and cycle off? (perhaps inbox and outbox?) It can be frustrating to lose a contact in this way and have to dig through allies or empires.

UWE_Duke: I think players have a limit on how much PM channels they can be part of. Same as the Wall, no plan to update this feature for now.

3. Gift System - I'm not going to rehash the arguments of how little use these things are after you reach a certain level, but to those starting out, they are needed to advance in the game. It isn't fool-proof. When you select all to gift to, do you need to do it on every page of allies, or does select all select EVERY page and ally? Also, any insight as to why some just never seem to receive them and require more than one attempt? I know that there is a time-out period between re-sending to that empire mate who needs one Diamond piece but sometimes it appears that the gift disappears into the void.

UWE_Duke: I think you are not allowed to send 1500 gifts to people by one clicking. It's very bad. The gift system for older players are pretty much out of date, and we don't have plans yet to make any updates for it.

4. Mystery Statue - It no longer summons a boss. When the boss was replaced, a drop replaced the means to summon it. Is there a plan to re-link this? Stolen Painting too. These loose ends cause confusion for newer players. ("How come I have never seen these bosses?")

UWE_Duke: Their descriptions will be updated.
    UWE_Duke: update: Stolen Painting/Stolen Diamond/Ancient Statue can still be used to summon Mafia Insurrection/Phoenix Resurrection/Storm Raider. So I just updated the revamped boss names in their description.

5. Chat Tokens - Many appear to not need them, and some still claim to need to purchase them. Personally I don't believe in putting the community behind a paywall to interact with players outside of their empire in a group space. Social interaction is a big draw for many. Regardless, if we could have an official word on the state of this, it would be nice.

UWE_Duke: I think purchase chat token in BM needs to be removed. Will create a ticket for this.

6. Daily login gift items - For many, myself included, we roll our eyes when we receive a tactical vest. The items are of such low value that they do not even show up on a war/invade screen to anyone who has stacked better items. It is suspected that if it isn't listed in the attack screen, it doesn't count towards anything. Do the items that flow over 501 (or higher depending on Ally/LT bonus) have any value to the player math? (In EvE? In PvP defense?) Many don't see the point in the Leather Gloves, Hooded Mask, and Vests. As such, they are considered throw-away awards that do not inspire participation, but only remind people that maybe they have played past the intended peak level of the game. If they are, in fact, useless to those who have been building better items or have been farming drops for a couple years, would it be possible to refresh these, or possibly have them scale up in the future?

UWE_Duke: First generation item system might need some revisit, that's my opinion. However when and how to do that is another story. Will create a task for it.

7. Notifications - The ones stating that EVE has begun usually arrive 10 minutes or so into war time. A PvP hit notice can be at least an hour. Private Messages never notify. Is that by design?

UWE_Duke: These notifications go through Apple/Google, and I am not sure how they prioritize the notifications, when the amount is large, like EvE, there will be a major delay. I'll make a task for it and see what we can do.

8. Black Market LTs - Most of the time, an existing BM LT is added to the end of the list when a new one is introduced, but not always. Joaquin for example was at the start the last I saw, even though he was not the 1st introduced. The downside is that someone who was not over the level that they were initially offered didn't make it to them before they were shuffled to the start so they never saw them. There is a wiki link to what has been seen at which level, but it is outdated again on the lower levels. Can we get a current official list? (Subject to change of course.) and what thoughts may be about shuffling them about?

UWE_Duke:
    I think this is the current list:
    1 - 20 - Joaquin
    20 - 30 - Gunner
    30 - 40 - Tony
    40 - 50 - /nightshade
    50 - 60 - Victoria
    60 - 70 - Scorpion
    70 - 80 - malina
    80 - 90 - buster
    90 - 100 - hotwire
    100 - 110 - trix
    110 - 120 - Anson
    120 - 130 - Victoria
    130 - 140 - Miss Conduct
    140 - 150 - Rocket
    150 - 160 - Edge
    160 - 170 - Brutus
    170 - 180 - Yokokunza
    180 - 190 - Envy
    190 - 200 - Layla
    200 - 210 - Hanna
    210 - 220 - Joaquin
    220 - 230 - Gunslinger
    230 - 240 - Jinn
    240 - 250 - Dozer
    250 - 260 - Gman
    260 - 270 - Poppy
    270 - 280 - Flare
    280+ - Tusk

Regarding if we will shuffle or unlock black market under some conditions, I am not sure. The idea was gunned down before.

9. Further to that last part about the wiki, and this is a big one - would it be possible to have someone in-the-know go through it? The community could do the edits there I am sure, but a post titled "Disinformation in the wiki - what you should edit" would really help some of us out who field questions and like to direct people to informed resources. Those of us who help out in varying ways are unofficial ambassadors to the game - when we direct new players to links with outdated or completely inaccurate information, it looks bad upon all involved. "If the Veterans of the game, and the wiki have no clue what this is about, what chance will I ever have just starting?"

UWE_Duke: I am not sure what is the relationship between UWE developers and Wiki. I thought the Wiki completely belongs to the community. It might take huge amount of work for someone to update everything correctly there, and that's why community needs to help on it. Personally I don't check Wiki much and definitely don't have the time to update it. As far as I know nobody is hired for maintaining the wiki yet.

10. What is the criteria behind the suggested empire list when you're a free agent? Is it completely random, and are some just that lucky that they appear often? Similarly, is there a criteria to offered allies when using in-game cash? I've known people to send out hundreds of Ally requests when they are cheap to get less than a 10% return on allies. Sure, part of it might be that the user doesn't need/want allies (because they don't appear to get the cash that it tells them they will be sending.) but it is suspected that the system may be handing out suggested allies that haven't been active for some time.

UWE_Duke: I'm not 100% sure on the top of my head, but if you are higher level, you will most likely to see those empires with better upgrades. And of course on the list all the empires need to set open recruitment to ON.
    As for buying allies, inactive players does cause some problem. It's not the best feature in the game. I will create a task for this for future revamp.

That is off the top of my head - reoccurring questions that I remember simply because they have been asked of me recently. I field a lot of questions about the game, so as I remember or get re-asked others I will either add to this thread or start a similar one.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 01-10-2017, 06:39 PM.

Re: More game questions (Things I have been asked but could not answer.)

bump bumpity bump bump!

I realize that from some more recent posts that some of this may fall under the customer service umbrella and may be off-limits from developer commentary but issues such as wall posts do not fit land in that category.

Comment

WOW! Thanks UWE_Duke!

I'm off to go evangelize the game some more... your commitment to the community is quite inspiring!

Comment

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
        UWE_Duke: I am not sure what is the relationship between UWE developers and Wiki. I thought the Wiki completely belongs to the community. It might take huge amount of work for someone to update everything correctly there, and that's why community needs to help on it.
        Yes, the wiki belongs to the community. In the past, the developers have certainly shown support for the wiki and referenced it. As far as I know, they have never updated it or added to it. I did have a commitment at one time from one of the devs to provide images/info on a couple of items that were particularly elusive, but that never actually happened. I believe the only item that the wiki really needs info on now is Raven's Medallion, because I've yet to see one in-game. I'd love it if the wiki had some way of checking info with the devs...

The wiki still gets around 2000 views a day, so it's clear that a lot of people are using it as a resource. I just wish that players would fix issues they find rather than just complaining that "the wiki is unreliable"!

Comment

Originally posted by Squiffle View Post
          I just wish that players would fix issues they find rather than just complaining that "the wiki is unreliable"!
          Ever try editing that thing on mobile? I get to my desktop once a week, maybe. I work on other people's computers so I avoid mine like the plague. My phone is how I generally access all of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quaranj View Post
            Ever try editing that thing on mobile? I get to my desktop once a week, maybe. I work on other people's computers so I avoid mine like the plague. My phone is how I generally access all of it.
            I very rarely edit it on mobile - I'm at my desktop all day.
            When's the last time you tried ? Fandom (wikia) have made huge improvements to the mobile user experience over the last few years. And I made a bunch of changes to the UE wiki based on their recommendations to improve the experience for users on mobile devices, too.

If it really is still a problem, first of all please give me some specifics that I can either fix (if it's a problem with the UE wiki specifically) or pass on to Fandom, and secondly, post a comment on the page with the change that's needed. I keep an eye on comments and frequently make changes to pages in response to comments.

Comment

When's the last time you tried ? Fandom (wikia) have made huge improvements to the mobile user experience over the last few years. And I made a bunch of changes to the UE wiki based on their recommendations to improve the experience for users on mobile devices, too.
              It's been awhile, long enough that I likely have to dig out my login information from somewhere. I tried updating some simple text on mobile once, and essentially table-flipped over the experience

If it really is still a problem, first of all please give me some specifics that I can either fix (if it's a problem with the UE wiki specifically) or pass on to Fandom, and secondly, post a comment on the page with the change that's needed. I keep an eye on comments and frequently make changes to pages in response to comments.
              You're the real MVP Squiffle! :fistbump: Off the top of my head, aside from the LT list mentioned above (Side note: Hanna? In Fleur's spot...), Empire upgrade costs (Items and sometimes cash itself) needed some major work when I was researching the empire game-plan.

Comment

Working...
              X