Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Events $ Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events $ Increase

I am LSI with 2k EN, 1k Stam, and an 8* Nautica.

As time has passed, the cost of these events, and everything else in the game, has gone up unnecessarily. This is a business, and I understand, as a product gets more popular it becomes more expensive. Supply and demand. But that only works if the quality of the product remains the same or improves, or if you can convince your buyer that they need it. In this case, the quality has deteriorated. While there are more updates overall and we have a lot more shiny and all that stuff is fun and shows you listen and care about everyone, it isn't a secret that you get most of your fast income from events. So let's talk about this.

The Six event was first. You only had to create 100 chests or be top 200 to get her. As an LSI, I could have reached 200 chests with $20. Then came Lady Luck, who required 35 gold chips - LOL - then came Battle Royal, easily the most selective of the 3. Yet, it came at a time when the community was not so large, and reaching Rank 7 was not nearly as difficult as it was for the Midas event.

So what do we see? I see many old accounts who clearly don't spend what I do on this game flaunting their Lady Lucks and Reapers, and no other event epics since. These were the days you could spend $30 and end up with one of the best LT's the game had to offer. And those LT's were so good, we still covet them today. Now compare those events with Exterminator, Midas, and now Frank. The cost of event epics has increased to close to $200 for an LSI build (God bless those poor BSI) and the quality of the LT's has diminished at just about the same rate.

Lady Vice was a game changer, and worth every penny of the cost increase. Red Countess and Scythe have also been good, and their events were fun. But I would still take Reaper or Lady Luck over them any day. Frank better be the next Lady Vice, or this event will be unjustifiably expensive and suffocating. It seems greed has taken over at this point, so it all hangs on Frank's ability. If he isn't worth it, then I'm done spending on this game. I promise I won't be the only one.

How about next time, keep it simple, and worry more about customer satisfaction than extortion.

Re: Events $ Increase

Originally posted by TK Makto View Post
    How about next time, keep it simple, and worry more about customer satisfaction than extortion.
    Agreed.

They could also give the LT ability and power scaling ahead of time, so people can make informed decisions about whether the event epic is worth the cost.
    Inactive as of July 14, 2015

Comment

Lady Vice was a game changer, and worth every penny of the cost increase. Red Countess and Scythe have also been good, and their events were fun.
      I agree with everything you just said except for this statement here.

LV may be the most powerful LT the game has seen, and she may not be, but there's no justifying the cost. Saying that she was 'worth every penny' is putting some unreal price figure on these Luxury lts we get from the events. Yes, its a business and spending is understandable but who's to say Reaper is a $50 event or a $100 event? Why should LV be exempt because she's strong? No, no in my mind there isn't a lt in the game that is worth more than $30.

This is the original costs of the events as you stated, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Comment

$30 now is just chump change nowadays! LOL

Oh I really wish I knew how to play the game back when the previous events were on, I missed out on a lot of these Event LTs just because I did not get it. And I was buying triple crates! what an idiot I was LOL.
        I'll get Frank on the Main, LSI but god it was an awful experience, 15 hits on Energy without any drop, 1000 Stam with only 2 drops.. as for the war itself, well, I'm sleeping when war1 is going on (2am) and busy when war2 starts (8am).

I'd say, the irregularity of drops also makes this so hard to determine how much one needs to invest to get what points.
        Drops can and should be pre-determined (pls spare us the "Luck" factor, we got enough of that in Scratchers and crates) and also Balanced. I have now 200 of item#1 for my health Packs and 2 of item#2

Customer Satisfaction? Nope, not here, sorry.

There is still time to change things for the better, but that may upset the top 10 percentile.
        Last edited by NickyB; 04-23-2015, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Frank better be the next Lady Vice, or this event will be unjustifiably expensive and suffocating. It seems greed has taken over at this point, so it all hangs on Frank's ability. If he isn't worth it, then I'm done spending on this game. I promise I won't be the only one.
          I think a lot of spenders or long time players are at this point now (or have been at this point for a while now--anyone remember that FP strike? lol). I will be pushing for Frank as this will most likely be the end of my spending on this game. I’m pretty fed up.
          Been here for a minute. Worn out.

Comment

It is not PA that makes the event expensive.. Its the players!
            The amount of money spent to achive a certain rank is based on how much the people in front of you have spent.

Not sure how people dont see this? are you all blind?

The more we spend, the more expensive it gets for everyone.
            At this time to be able to get past rank 50, you gotta spend 6000FP or more because everyone else in front have spent more.

And for the first time even rank 1500 can get an event LT, this has never happened either. if i remember correct.

And you all cry about that they dont release the LT power, have they ever done it before? (except vice the last days) What changed this time from all the other events?

Times has changed... people spend more in average than they used to in the first events.. Get over it. Blame the players who spend.
            A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

SoCo Mafia, Free Agent, Goodfellas, LightningStrike, retired.

Comment

As far as I can tell, this thread has very little to do with player rank, since that is obviously player driven
              I can’t speak for others but I’m only talking about the thresholds for individual rewards.
              Last edited by Ash; 04-23-2015, 10:59 AM. Reason: 6am grammar skills...
              Been here for a minute. Worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ash View Post
                As far as I can tell, this thread has very little to do with player rank, since that is obviously player driven
                I can’t speak for others but I’m only talking about the thresholds for individual rewards.
                Thresholds for individul ranks has been way better this time than earlier.. Like i said there is more people who gets the goddies now. But people are spending more..
                A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

SoCo Mafia, Free Agent, Goodfellas, LightningStrike, retired.

Comment

I agree with Nicky in wishing I knew how to play the game during those events for Six, Reaper and LL. I would've obtained them easily for the price, just didn't really know what I was doing at that point. It figures that the event cost would go up because so many people play, and there are tons of big spenders who have alts higher than my only toon (793). Many people, including myself come on here to complain about the price of these events, but as Ripz said, we are the ones making it that expensive. It's like trying to buy a good stock when the price has increased.
                  XMUS

Omega Dynasty

Comment

Glad to know some of us know that while this might be a "pay to win" game, it is we the players that make events expensive and not necessarily PA. PA setting a threshold to get event epic might be expensive for some of us BUT in no way do they dictate the individual ranks. We ( the players ) fight it out at the top and spend on our own accord to compete.

During 'Six Pirate' event, i finished in Top 20 and spent a Vip pack only. Now, I would have to spend $500 plus to finish in top 250 for events due to my build type and need for a powerful pixel on my IOS app but whose fault and choice is that? Definitely not PA.

Future events will still be expensive until players decide to reduce spending ( don't see that happening anytime soon ). A lot of complaints ( some legitimate, some rants, etc ) against PA can be attributed to players being the source of the issue but its always easy for us to blame PA.

Lady Vice is a never ending example for this. That was truly a costly event driven by players which made me decide not to spend anymore on the game ( for 6 months ) because it was getting to expensive. PA even extended the bracket but loads of FP were still been purchased and not all could compete and some chose to walk out of event ( like me ). Yes, i wish i had Lady Vice but my build type and cost made it not worth it for me then.

As said earlier, I am pleased to see the initial post by a player taking accountability for the way the game is today.
                    Last edited by chelsea; 04-23-2015, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chelsea View Post
                      Glad to know some of us know that while this might be a "pay to win" game, it is we the players that make events expensive and not necessarily PA. PA setting a threshold to get event epic might be expensive for some of us BUT in no way do they dictate the individual ranks. We ( the players ) fight it out at the top and spend on our own accord to compete.

During 'Six Pirate' event, i finished in Top 20 and spent a Vip pack only. Now, I would have to spend $500 plus to finish in top 250 for events due to my build type and need for a powerful pixel on my IOS app but whose fault and choice is that? Definitely not PA.

Future events will still be expensive until players decide to reduce spending ( don't see that happening anytime soon ). A lot of complaints ( some legitimate, some rants, etc ) against PA can be attributed to players being the source of the issue but its always easy for us to blame PA.
                      While the players surely have a part to play in the expensiveness (is that a word?) of the events, the major reason still lays with PA.
                      Choosing not to reveal the Event LT's ability before the 11th hour of the event is the reason people spend also so much. They want to make sure they do not end up missing out on a potential awesome LT.
                      If PA was transparent from the start, showing Frank's ability from day 1, then a lot of people who may not be interested in its ability may not spend at all ($$$ LOSS).
                      I think the fault is on both sides, not just the players.
                      Last edited by NickyB; 04-23-2015, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RipZ View Post
                        It is not PA that makes the event expensive.. Its the players!
                        The amount of money spent to achive a certain rank is based on how much the people in front of you have spent.

Not sure how people dont see this? are you all blind?

The more we spend, the more expensive it gets for everyone.
                        THANK YOU! I've been trying point this out in quite a few threads. Glad someone else see's it too. The whales of this game swam out to far for most of us to keep up. I know people are competitive and want to be the best but I still find it absurd to see people are already level 4k+... Like I said in another thread, the further they go the harder it'll be to please both them and us way back in the dust. Just the nature of these games unfortunately. I try to hang on because I enjoy this game but...I'll just see where things go from here
                        Last edited by Godric; 04-23-2015, 04:32 PM.
                        sigpic
                        Signature by: MageFX

Comment

I wasn't talking about the rankings. It's obvious to everyone that the rankings are determined by how much the community spends. What I was talking about are the benchmarks that PA has set up to attain the LT strictly via points. If you're spending multiple VIP packs and are aiming towards ranking, more power to you, this has nothing to do with you. You're going to reach the benchmark anyway.

While the players are the ones making the ranking game more expensive, PA is also increasing the cost of getting a guaranteed epic through benchmark points. That's not arguable. Maybe you needed a VIP to get top 20 during the Six event, but you could have guaranteed her with $20 just by going for the 100 chests. If you're coming here to talk about rankings then you're off topic.

And my beef isn't so much against the price increasing, but about the quality of the event LT's decreasing. This is getting more expensive while the rewards are tumbling. For me, it all hangs with Frank's ability.
                          Last edited by TK Makto; 04-23-2015, 06:06 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

OP is open to interpretation based on how it was presented. Individual Ranking and threshold PA sets are tied to event increase in spending. PA has also noticed how high players will go in individual ranking which is why benchmarks/thresholds are seemingly higher with each new event to get the event epic. PA has however though made the event epic available to top 1500 players in this event and last one to accommodate for those that can't reach the benchmark. This still will not satisfy us all.
                            I wasn't talking about the rankings. It's obvious to everyone that the rankings are determined by how much the community spends. What I was talking about are the benchmarks that PA has set up to attain the LT strictly via points. If you're spending multiple VIP packs and are aiming towards ranking, more power to you, this has nothing to do with you. You're going to reach the benchmark anyway.

While the players are the ones making the ranking game more expensive, PA is also increasing the cost of getting a guaranteed epic through benchmark points. That's not arguable. Maybe you needed a VIP to get top 20 during the Six event, but you could have guaranteed her with $20 just by going for the 100 chests. If you're coming here to talk about rankings then you're off topic.

And my beef isn't so much against the price increasing, but about the quality of the event LT's decreasing. This is getting more expensive while the rewards are tumbling. For me, it all hangs with Frank's ability.
                            Regardless of whether it's benchmark or Individual ranking that anyone sees as expensive... It is not just PA but the players that drove it there ( most of us agree on this ) . PA are known not to disclose abilities of event epic alot of times unless they choose to. Hiding the ability is also a good market strategy for them and up to us to take the carrot or not. They did this for some events ( Lady Vice... ) but either way no one is forced to play or spend.
                            Last edited by chelsea; 04-23-2015, 07:27 PM. Reason: brought up lady V again

Comment

So its our own fault these events are so expensive? A lot of people don't even spend money on the game but everyone is suffering because a group of people like to spend tons of money on the game? This makes no business sense whatsoever. Just because people may be spending a little more and more every time an event rolls around does not justify the ridiculous price gouging going on in the game. I honestly can't believe some of you are defending PA and putting this on the players, get real!!! We do NOT set the prices, it doesn't matter how much the player base spends, if PA decides this event is X amount of dollars that's on them! Not us. It's greed, bottom line. There trying to see how far they can push before people stop buying into it. We like their game so much we have to pay more and more for it? What sort of customer service is that?? :/

Everyone keeps bringing up the fact "they don't force you to spend anything" well the fact of the matter is that these events are unique. Not only in the fact that they offer a special Lt. but in that they offer players of the game a change from the mundane and nice break from the normal routine of spend stam/energy, fight boss, join eve etc. It allows people to get things they normally wouldn't be able to get, at least this is how most events are designed to work. What we have seen is a steadier and steadier climb in personal and rank thresholds (its 1500 now for event lt but they extended it to 1500 before Android even came out) meaning people who are willing to spend have to shell out more and more money in order to get the items that are only available in the event. Once again, they don't require you to spend anything, instead they dangle these ridiculously expensive items in front of your face with hopes that you will bite and become one of their "whales". That's not an event that's torture, for people who truly love the game.

Once again though just because 1500 or 800 people push to get the event lt doesn't mean were ALL willing to spend like crazy every time an event comes about. What about the other 50k players out there who spend nothing? Piss on them right?
                              Last edited by DarkLotus; 04-23-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X