Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Is Electronica and Hip hop now in popular mainstream music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Electronica and Hip hop now in popular mainstream music?

Do you think Electronica and hip hop has made to the music mainstream? And who are the best artists and songs in this genre? Amongst the younger lot I particularly like Pretty lights and their new song, "Around the Block."

Re: Is Electronica and Hip hop now in popular mainstream music?

Idk I like pretty lights ok. His live shows are waaaaay more intense than the recordings. I like Nero, La Roux, PANTyRAiD, Modestep, Flux Pavillion, Blue Foundation, Rusko, etc.

Of course you can't really get down without Skrillex and Bassnectar.

Comment

Hip hop definitely has in my opinion, and electronica is now on its way there. Looks at Swedish House Mafia and Daft Punk for example - both have been around for years, no huge radio hits except for the past few months. A few more hit songs from them, we will see other electronic artists being played on the radio.

As for hip-hop, that has been mainstream for years. Most of pop music is hip-hop in my opinion; look at Nicki Minaj (Her pop songs, not her rap songs...they still have rap in them though), Macklemore....etc etc

"All I wants a hundred million dollars and a bad b...."
      F R E E A G E N T

Comment

MattMI..... Hahahah

Do a lot of research. You have a lot of homework to do, here's a couple freebies: the tron movie came out in 2010. Daft punk released a song called "around the world".

You have a very young music mind!! Minaj!!!!! Hahahahah that is pop music man, mainstream garbage.... Listen to an artist called del the funky homosapien, or MF DOOM, that's real hip hop homie

Comment

Originally posted by DvEight View Post
          Listen to an artist called del the funky homosapien, or MF DOOM, that's real hip hop homie
          Del the funky homosapien AKA Deltron 3030, he messin around with Gorrilaz these days. But yeah there's a difference b/t Rap and Hip-hop: Mos Def, Tribe Called Quest, ect. is Hip-Hop. Rap can go Biggie, Dre, Eminem and T.I. now we end up with stuff like Nikki Manaj and 2 chainz. Hip-Hop is the genre and Rap is the sub-genre. Like Metal is to Rock.

I personally like Hip-Hop better

Shout out to the 607 and Cornell, [Skip the intro, jump to 1:20min]

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

Originally posted by AnalOverload View Post
            Del the funky homosapien AKA Deltron 3030, he messin around with Gorrilaz these days. But yeah there's a difference b/t Rap and Hip-hop: Mos Def, Tribe Called Quest, ect. is Hip-Hop. Rap can go Biggie, Dre, Eminem and T.I. now we end up with stuff like Nikki Manaj and 2 chainz. Hip-Hop is the genre and Rap is the sub-genre. Like Metal is to Rock.

I personally like Hip-Hop better

Shout out to the 607 and Cornell, [Skip the intro, jump to 1:20min]

AO!!!! i thought u were older buddy!!! deltron 3030 is his alter ego :P, you wanna know the real del??? check out a group called hieroglyphics, if you know wassup you dont need to
            as awesome as the artist's you named..... dre, eminem(big fan) and TI, hes a fuckin G!!!!!!! minaj should never be included in the same sentence as them and many many others. there is a huge difference between hip hop and the garbage they play on the radio. if you think minaj has talent.......... lol @ you

also, rap is not a TYPE of music. rap is hip hop, just like a rectangle is a square.
            you say del is messin around with the gorrilaz?? check your timetables, yo, pretty sure you are off by a few years
            also interesting you throw tribe and mos def in the same sentence..... someone has pandora
            Last edited by DvEight; 07-10-2013, 06:01 AM.

Comment

AO!!!! i thought u were older buddy!!! deltron 3030 is his alter ego :P, you wanna know the real del??? check out a group called, if you know wassup you dont need to
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Del_the_Funky_Homosapien Yes I know hieroglyphics bud

as awesome as the artist's you named..... dre, eminem(big fan) and TI, hes a fuckin G!!!!!!! minaj should never be included in the same sentence as them and many many others. there is a huge difference between hip hop and the garbage they play on the radio. if you think minaj has talent.......... lol @ you
              I know what I refer to is that rap was once great and I don't think manij is anything close to what what rap should be (TBH I have never heard more than 30 seconds of anything by her) Use this analogy, MTV once showed music videos now it just reality junk. It's not Music Television as they claim.

also, rap is not a TYPE of music. rap is hip hop, just like a rectangle is a square. you say del is messin around with the gorrilaz?? check your timetables, yo, pretty sure you are off by a few years
              also interesting you throw tribe and mos def in the same sentence..... someone has pandora
              Yes I know I get lost by a few years (I still consider the Chronic 2001 new sometimes lol) I know when he messed with gorrilaz. As for Pandora yes I stream it while playing. My top 5 hip-hop stations are Immortal Technique, NaS, Dre, 2Pac and Gang starr. (I also downvote anything Jay-z. I just dont like his work)

Other than that I stream Dubstep and Rock during UE (I like Classical music too but for some reason it just doesn't go with the game lol). I listen to pretty much anything but I don't listen to pop and I definitely don't listen to country... (sorry country fans, I tried but I can't get into it. But I will say I enjoy Jonny Cash)

Also, I saw a UE ad on pandora hehehe. If UE, Pandora and Kik could all come together into one that would rule!

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

MattMI..... Hahahah

Do a lot of research. You have a lot of homework to do, here's a couple freebies: the tron movie came out in 2010. Daft punk released a song called "around the world".

You have a very young music mind!! Minaj!!!!! Hahahahah that is pop music man, mainstream garbage.... Listen to an artist called del the funky homosapien, or MF DOOM, that's real hip hop homie
                "Hahahahah that is pop music man...." That's exactly what I said, good job!

And yes, they released a song that went fairly mainstream, but it electronic music has never been so dominant on the Billboard charts as it has been with SHM and Daft Punk.

F R E E A G E N T

Comment

I know it's becoming mainstream when everyone keeps posting incorrect things about it. Especially when people amalgamate it all under one genre. Pretty Lights has been around for a long time, wouldn't exactly call him new. Keep in mind that Glitch Hop has been around a ridiculously long time, this stuff isn't new either. Anyone remember RJD2? Tipper? Also, there are even sub-genres within Glitch Hop now. One of which that is going to blow up like Trap did - Neuro Hop. Honestly, the music industry is cyclical; right now you have Chris Brown layered on top of template-driven house production and it's uninspired garbage. Next, commercial Hip Hop will start to gain some ground by using glitch beats. Even though London has been doing Garage for YEARS. Mainstream to me pretty much signifies the death of creativity within a genre. When Dubstep gained popularity it died, because every producer and his mother tried to achieve success through the same sounds. Watching Borgore, one of the ORIGINAL producers with a hard (unfairly coined Brostep) sound, starting working with Smiley Virus, I gave up. Electro died when Ed Banger left the scene. Finding good music has become pretty difficult these days.
                  Paul - EmpireShadows

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    I know it's becoming mainstream when everyone keeps posting incorrect things about it. Especially when people amalgamate it all under one genre. Pretty Lights has been around for a long time, wouldn't exactly call him new. Keep in mind that Glitch Hop has been around a ridiculously long time, this stuff isn't new either. Anyone remember RJD2? Tipper? Also, there are even sub-genres within Glitch Hop now. One of which that is going to blow up like Trap did - Neuro Hop. Honestly, the music industry is cyclical; right now you have Chris Brown layered on top of template-driven house production and it's uninspired garbage. Next, commercial Hip Hop will start to gain some ground by using glitch beats. Even though London has been doing Garage for YEARS. Mainstream to me pretty much signifies the death of creativity within a genre. When Dubstep gained popularity it died, because every producer and his mother tried to achieve success through the same sounds. Watching Borgore, one of the ORIGINAL producers with a hard (unfairly coined Brostep) sound, starting working with Smiley Virus, I gave up. Electro died when Ed Banger left the scene. Finding good music has become pretty difficult these days.
                    Though I am not as informed in the culture of these genres as you are, I would have to agree with your last statement involving the death of culture in music, or at least being pretty hard to find good new music.

Inspiration:
                    "Those who wait for the world to change, never see change in the world." - Sean B.
                    "Drama will always exist in a society that feeds on it." - Sean B.
                    "Healthcare is free, but we pay for water." - Sean B.

Lost for Words
                    "In terms of Airmid, yes I harassed her, not illegally as I was very angry" - Blue
                    "155 FP for 1 LT is insane... You can get 6 LTS for the same price from crates, at least 1-2 guaranteed epics." - Innocence

Comment

So well written Paul.
                      Trap kinda took off in the Bay Area, but I don't think it'll do to well. The event I went to was 16+ when flosstradamus came out here. 16+ events suck so bad cuz all the teenie boppers come out wearing their "I love Molly" tshirts, overdosing by fuckin 10pm cuz " I don't feel it yet, I need more!!"

Dubstep got ruined when people like skrillex, deadmau5, and Nero hit the radio. It was a badass genre when it had the reggae feel, but now I can just turn my garbage disposal on and have a platinum hit. Deadmau5 live is a joke, what a tool. In Miami ultra 2012 he built up a drop for what seemed like 4-5 minutes, right at the peak this fool made it seem like his computer crashed and he just walked off!!! Oh man he got booed hardcore.

I just mentioned borgore to my girl and she was pretty disgusted Paul!!! She just played me a song called ice cream, hahahahhaahahahah

Comment

I like my non-hipster approach to music - you like what you like and don't care about the rest. Be it Old, New, Known, Unknown, "Killed" or "Alive".

Then again... I'm one of those people who listens to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries, Frank Sinatra, KPOP, Dubstep (yes I like Skrillex), Country, Heavy Norwegian Death Metal, etc with all in one playlist.
                        sigpic
                        Never lose your curiosity!

Comment

Originally posted by MattMI View Post
                          "Hahahahah that is pop music man...." That's exactly what I said, good job!

And yes, they released a song that went fairly mainstream, but it electronic music has never been so dominant on the Billboard charts as it has been with SHM and Daft Punk.
                          Ahhh see, I don't look at billboard stuff, I haven't listened to the radio for a couple years now lol

Comment

Yeah lol. It was a popular song, but it never had staying power really. Get Lucky has been out for a few months and is still extremely popular.

F R E E A G E N T

Comment

AO hahahah, I liked the line about still calling the chronic new!!! Good album!!! I truly believe all music went down the shitter after that album. As a child I wasn't allowed to watch MTV lmao. My parents put that channel on block!!! But ya, what's up with the 30 second clips now???

Hahaha you are a funny dude!!! Your post had me crackin up!!
                              My ex was a hardcore country..... Went to my first rodeo with her( rodeos are pretty badass) and had to listen to country all the time, what a lame, depressing genre. It seemed like all he songs were either the chicks bf cheating or someone getting raped

Comment

Working...
                              X