Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

The Mysterious M

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Mysterious M

From what I've read the game is server based so hacking is pretty much impossible. Really glad too, if one or more hackers were to get into this game the entire experience would be shot. All that time and money down the drain, especially for the big spenders out there.

I don't know why everyone gets their panties in a bunch when a thread like this pops up. This is UE forum are we not allowed to discuss w/e we want? Seeing a guy with x3 the amount of Boss Points as the guy below him/her is an intriguing observation, one can't help but wonder how much he spent or whether or not its legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mdwstrnkid View Post
      So, I just did a back of the envelope calculation, as you were requesting above.

* He currently has around around 640 million points.
      * I have about 4.5 million points and I spent roughly an hour (maybe an 1:15 yesterday working on boss).
      * Let's assume between his higher atk, better Lts, high crit rate, he does, on average, 2x more damage than I do. (No idea if this is the case, but let's assume this for a moment - I'm lvl 930-something by the way.)
      * He has a 5* Duke, which could give him 5x stam. I didn't use Duke or Red Countess
      * Let's also assume that he doesn't care if he doesn't even take the time to use his energy from leveling. I'm cheap so I spent the time switching in Baron and doing jobs to minimize the energy lost when leveling. If so, let's assume that he is attacking 2x more frequently than I was attacking.

Given this, he should be able to earn boss points 2*5*2 = 20x faster than I could. In other words, assuming that it took me 1.25 hours to accumulate 4.5m points, it would be reasonable that he could accumulate points at 72 million points an hour. So, to get to 640 million points at this rate, it would have taken him about 8.9 hours. Not completely unreasonable, right?

(One note, I fought the boss over the course of the afternoon, so I could be underestimating the time that I spent on the fight, but even if I spent 2 hours, which I'm pretty sure I didn't, it would still only take him 14.2 hours to do this, which is still very plausible.)
      Thanks for this Mdwstrnkid. This is all I was asking for. Sounds legit to me. DVeight, your input on his LTs that he might choose to use also makes sense.

I had another player explain to me what scripting is. It doesn't sound like cheating, just smart. Assuming it is allowed. I used the word "concerned" because after the original cheating scandal, things that look out of place concern me. Doesn't mean there isn't a reasonable explanation, like was explained above. Yes, I would hope that if it wasn't allowed and it was being done it would be stopped or prevented. I don't have a problem with money being a way to distinguish yourself in this game - as I and many others have said in countless other posts and in-game conversations, those who spend the big $$$ help make the game better for those who don't spend or spend a fraction of that.

I will freely admit I do not understand all of the mechanics of the game. I remember seeing Anson in the store once. I didn't buy him.

"I have heard many people say he/she uses a bot or a scripter to run/play their account. I don't know what that means and am way to lazy to Google it. But if they have found someway to automate their account, is that legal?"
      - this was my question. It was explained to me what this means. I did not accuse them of using one - I did not post "M IS USING A BOT THATS NOT FAIR BOO HOO" - I brought some rumors to the forums looking for validity or nullification and an explanation to what people meant when they said "bot" and "scripter". Not hostility from another player. I am pretty sure the idea behind a forum is to have questions answered. I understand you have the ability/right to answer me in the way you have, DVeight, but don't see why that's the path you would choose. I know you aren't in his empire. What's your desired outcome in answering from a pedestal? Sharing knowledge is cool, berating others because they don't know as much isn't.

Several people have pointed out that there are multiple threads already addressing this player and his account and possible issues with it. I don't troll the forums daily or weekly. I have seen one previous post on this character that I commented on that basically said "yeah, his account looks crazy and I can see why people would think it looks suspect. But if he has the money and time, then good for him."

Thanks again to those who took the time to answer my questions. Hope everyone does well in the event.

Comment

This thread is a perfect example of "guilty until proven innocent," or a witch trial. Someone says, "hey everyone, I heard XYZ about this guy, can someone prove me wrong?"

While that it is not as bad as blatantly accusing the suspect of XYZ, it assumes the suspect's guilt and shifts the burden upon someone else to prove the suspect's innocence. If no one steps forward, a casual reader of the thread might very well assume that the original allegation (of scripting) was true.
        Inactive as of July 14, 2015

Comment

L: Change the WorLd, is a novel adaptation of the live action film, L: Change the WorLd. The novel is notably similar to the film. However, there are a number of major plot changes in the novel that were made to keep the novel faithful to Death Note's canon. One of the changes to the plot being that, Near is no longer a Thai boy, but the same Near that appears in the manga. It also reveals more information about L and his past.

M is the pen name used by the author of the novel. The style of the letter "M" the author uses to represent themselves is written in Cloister Black font, which is the same font used for Death Note characters that use a letter to represent themselves, such as the "L" for L and the "W" used for Watari.

This was taken directly from the Death Note Wiki, regarding the book written by an Author by the name of "M." He's written several other books, and is considered to be a multi-millionaire. I think he may have a hobby other than writing books.

Detective Joker strikes again.

My Regards,
          Joker,
          Manager of Dark London.

Comment

I apologize for comin at you so harsh. There have been a number of threads started about this guy and it's getting old. Scripting is cheating, nothing else, you are finding a way for your game to play without you. If you just look through his account for 15-20 minutes you will realize he doesn't need to spend a ridiculous amount of money to do well in this event. Especially since presets have now been released, I bet he has all three specifically for this boss event. It's not fair to come to a public forum where that person might not be a member of and throw these wild accusations.

Comment

What's with all the Fuss? we should all be thanking the guy...

Thanks to him and his money (or tactics, whatever) we are today fighting Event Boss level 54 (soon 55). what does that mean?
              well to all of the people who participate in the event (regardless of points or Eagles), it means that so far, you will receive the following rewards:

6 scratchers, 3 Energy drinks, 3 stamina drinks, 300 Class coins

so, I urge Mr M to hit some more... and then others his size (no pun intended) to join in and get that Boss to LvL 100. We'll all be richer for it, no?

Comment

The account is legit, just so far past what we can even conceive as regular players. I hit crits at about 10K points...hes hitting crits at 200K+ and getting almost every X. I can see the points.

IMO the only thing you could call him out for, and I don't even know if its technically "cheating", is that because of the speed at which he was getting points almost certainly means that more then one person is playing the toon at the same time. I'd say at least 2 but maybe more. Lots of people PvP with two devices, I never considered it cheating. But IDK the Devs stance on that....

Comment

Op has got his answer. Enjoy the event all. Cheers ��
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X