Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Ghost massively overpowered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost massively overpowered

The ghost class is ridiculously overpowered. I'm seeing high level ghosts get 40k damage in a war against mediocre opponents.

I'm no leader board whore, but I've all but given up of ever taking a spot if any ghosts in my empire join.

You see them with overkill and crit hits getting 5k damage on a single hit and I just think screw it. I'm a reaper, and there are no high powered attacks at all. There's no competition. I feel like a peasant.

If I see a ghost with less than 30k damage, I know they had a shitty war... Which quite frankly is ridiculous! 30k damage should be impressive. No other class can touch that. (Apart from sniper obviously, or a greedy sin)
    Last edited by Cocaine; 12-10-2015, 10:23 AM.

Re: Ghost massively overpowered

Are you hoping that no ghost shows up on your team so that you can win the leaderboard? Is that your priority?

Comment

i think TS do not understand how an empipre work...

Comment

No I didn't say that.

I don't ever get the leader board anymore as a reaper. But I'd like the chance to do so once in a while. However if a ghost joins, I'm guaranteed not to.

Hell, even if they join half way through the war they'll still destroy the leader board. You can't tell me that's fair on other classes...

Tier 1 classes were balanced but Tier 2 screwed that all up nicely. Well I say tier 2, its only ghost that ruins it for everyone else. The other tier 2 classes are well balanced.

Comment

I'd be happy if my teammates were putting out numbers like you describe. That would mean more wins which is more CC. Remember, if your empire loses you don't get any bonus CC for being on leaderboards and you also get ~60% CC vs a win. Besides, the point of being in an empire is to be a team, not some solo dude that gets lots of CC which is only useful for eve.

Comment

I'd be very happy with those number too lol, but its like complaining that a class is doing the job that its meant to be doing, a ghosts primarily function is to do damage and as much as possible. Its like complaining that a titan is doing his job too well.

Comment

The other classes have other skills that help an empire's EvE, ghosts don't have other skills because they only have 1 job. Hit targets and hit hard.
              U could make ur own empire and call it "🚫no ghosts allowed🚫" if ur against ghosts that much haha. Or b glad to have ppl in ur empire that hit really well and contribute towards a victory.
              Sidenote: If ur empire has high lvls that sit and poach mediocre oponents that sounds like an empire problem and not a ghost class problem.

Comment

How does it sound like my main priority if I say I'd like to hit the board every once in a while. It is NOT my main priority at all, if it was I would have quit this game ages ago...

Ignore the board for a moment, it's beside the main point. The fact is that the class is unfairly overpowered. It leaves other classes in the dust. The game should be balanced to make every class desirable.

If I hadn't already invested so much time in sin/reaper I would without a doubt choose the ghost class.

I get that ghost is meant to hit hard, but can't any of you admit its overpowered. Cmon 5k in a single hit... There was a 7k hit in the last war I attended. That's absurd.
                2k hits fine, when all the variables stack in your favour a 2k hit should be a sweet reward. If a sin is lucky they might be able to get that on a charged frenzy with a critical hit. Ghosts right now get that probably 10+ times or more a single war. Maybe a little less, but at least a couple guaranteed.

I don't think it should be nerfed completely, just toned down a bit.

Please stop making this about the leader board, it's only a small grievance to a bigger issue.

Comment

Ghost is definitely OP ( in terms of damage dealt ) but that's how the class is meant to be i guess. We have other threads debating Ghost as well. As regards to the leader board... It depends on how powerful a player is i think and not just the class ( i have seen different classes take up leader board so many times ).

Comment

Leaderboard - 4-6 extra class coins a war. If that is what you want, join a low level empire and own the board.

Comment

I've seen cripples do over 30k lol. Though I will admit Reine helped

Comment

If you think Reaper is a poor relation to Ghost, OMG, try playing as a Turdminator!!! BTW it is nice once in a while to get on the leaderboard. We've got a Ghost who get's all the bonuses with the exception of demo. A heavy gets that, because I'm only a Turdminator.
                        Bit-part low spender. LEVEL 10 Terminator and all skills maxed out.
                        Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
                        Building damage record (non shields) 11,211
                        Building damage record with shields 13,397
                        Player damage 110,006

Comment

Dr death, your maths is broken. A good leader board haul can net me 60+ extra cc. Regardless, I've said that the leader board is not at all the main focus of my point at all, so please stop bringing it up. This is about an overpowered class.

Comment

Originally posted by Cocaine View Post
                            Dr death, your maths is broken. A good leader board haul can net me 60+ extra cc. Regardless, I've said that the leader board is not at all the main focus of my point at all, so please stop bringing it up. This is about an overpowered class.
                            You are right, my top leaderboard winner gets nearly double what I do. It's not the leaderboard that interest me, but if a class can progress so much faster (in terms of CC's) then that seems a little unfair.
                            Bit-part low spender. LEVEL 10 Terminator and all skills maxed out.
                            Working on Ghost now.

TERMINATORS RULE EvE.

Personal records in EvE
                            Building damage record (non shields) 11,211
                            Building damage record with shields 13,397
                            Player damage 110,006

Comment

What you're not realizing cocaine is the reason people think you're complaining about not making the leaderboard is because, regardless of intent, that's the way you're posts sound. Boohoo you can't make the leaderboard anymore. Every class has advantages. Learn to use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X