Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Have Questions about Empire Battles? FAQ

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Have Questions about Empire Battles? FAQ

Originally posted by Aib84e View Post
    AGREE! Oh and a way for officers to track who has hit what (some players are way off the map with hits)
    Yeah, like when there's less than 10 minutes to go and your down by 2 pts and you have guys start attacking the full health HQ

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob View Post
      Refresh?! I've noticed in the empire war that it does refresh. I've had to click into a building or a person and back out to see things update. Even then it's not correct. Am I the only one to see this. Can it refresh real time or for there to be a refresh button? If I am a totally missing something feel free to slap the back of my head.
      I would love this! Have the same problem with exiting, coming back in and still not seeing right numbers. I am never sure if I'm telling my team to hit someone who is already dead. It would be especially useful in the last minute of battle!

I also agree that there so be no aid to help coordinate team players in battle. I am as frustrated with some of my empire members as anyone is with theirs, but part of the fun is developing the teamwork necessary to advance your empire. Kind of like the difference between a teen-ager being giving a car and having to work for it himself. I could see maybe a message indicator that alerts of a new message but even that .... all you gotta do is have your chat open and then recruit members who will do the same!

Comment

Originally posted by Alper View Post
        Is there going to be skill similar to the passive skill Resistance from Heart of Darkness and Castle Age? For others: The skill reduces the damage taken by -10 per level, capped at level 4 in Castle age (-40 dmg taken) and capped at lvl 3 in Heart of Darkness (-30 dmg taken). Works for offensive wins/loses and defensive wins/loses.
        Right now attacking leads to too much passive damage taken, happens even that i stun myself or that i am close to without being attacked once and without losing even, and that without the armory. With armory i would kill myself as playing offensive without even losing one attack and without being attacked once! This skill is really missing and i hope that you going to implent it to the game.
        Yes agreed. I am killing my self before the enemy does ;(
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bob View Post
          .......I also agree that there so be no aid to help coordinate team players in battle. I am as frustrated with some of my empire members as anyone is with theirs, but part of the fun is developing the teamwork necessary to advance your empire. Kind of like the difference between a teen-ager being giving a car and having to work for it himself. I could see maybe a message indicator that alerts of a new message but even that .... all you gotta do is have your chat open and then recruit members who will do the same!
          Again, very well said. If we take the team work and the discipline away, the battles then will be mostly about who has the highest ranking players. That would take away most of the fun of doing these battles. Troops don't train themselves. Leaders do.

Comment

Hammer dont get mad at me lol bc I have posted this question in two other threads but it is more a suggestion and I cannot receive feedback on it! If it is somewhere else please let me know and I do appreciate your help very much! Thank you for being so active and helpfull as alot of us are still learning (this is alot to know) my suggestion is:

Does anyone agree there should be a running battle log for each empire? Not for the opposing team to see of course but for each empire to see so they can tell who is participating without having to go through after the fight and look, and to see who is being a team player. I'd really appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks!
            $tephsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mist View Post
              I replied in general. If specifically 50 people ie your guild does not even have an hour to play war then don't do it.;p It has no rewards that you are missing out on.
              Also if u don't want people replying to you in the forum then don't post it here. And lastly the war duration is perfectly fine for my guild at least as it gives us time to strategize on what to do in different situations rather than just come in spend ten tokens and that's it war won or lost. But wait!! That's not war that's tic tac toe which I believe still requires some thinking and time which obviously you and your guild has not got. I am amazed you had time to even post. Cheers and relaxations.
              Originally posted by Jacob View Post
              Couldn't have said it better myself!
              Originally posted by Aib84e View Post
              AGREE! Oh and a way for officers to track who has hit what (some players are way off the map with hits)
              Originally posted by Mist View Post
              Yup but a nurse with a needle is not very intimidating when you want to smack talk to a mafia boss. ;p lmao.
              Originally posted by Zenithar View Post
              A feature I wouldn't mind seeing in the game is the ability for an Officer to highlight a specific tower, or player on the map for other members of their empire to see. Some members either don't look at the chat, or will misunderstand their orders and attack the wrong target completely. Having something like that would give players a visual aid to go by, and would hopefully increase team co-ordination.

Thanks,
              Zen
              See I am thinking some sort of empire battle log would be beneficial even if the whole tema sees it, but I a, the leader of my empire and it's soooo frustrating when players just hit "willy nilly" lol we have come down to having to go look after battles write down all players who played and compare who came to chat THAT'S ALOT OF WORK! Lol I just can't do that anymore, this is a game and I want to enjoy it, but trying to find these players is frustrating and time consuming...just an idea....
              $tephsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slh View Post
                See I am thinking some sort of empire battle log would be beneficial even if the whole tema sees it, but I a, the leader of my empire and it's soooo frustrating when players just hit "willy nilly" lol we have come down to having to go look after battles write down all players who played and compare who came to chat THAT'S ALOT OF WORK! Lol I just can't do that anymore, this is a game and I want to enjoy it, but trying to find these players is frustrating and time consuming...just an idea....
                Lol why would I get mad at u It's a very good suggestion! We are having the same problem and I'm sure a lot of other empires share that view.

Again it all comes down to human interaction and better, easier controls and gameplay. How we view and react when things doesn't go our way and how far we are willing to go to try to tackle that. Somehow I feel your suggestion is much better than the one I was against because yours doesn't take out the human part of the battle and it will actually help us to better communicate and organize. I think it's a great idea

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Lol why would I get mad at u It's a very good suggestion! We are having the same problem and I'm sure a lot of other empires share that view.

Again it all comes down to human interaction and better, easier controls and gameplay. How we view and react when things doesn't go our way and how far we are willing to go to try to tackle that. Somehow I feel your suggestion is much better than the one I was against because yours doesn't take out the human part of the battle and it will actually help us to better communicate and organize. I think it's a great idea
                  I was just messin with you about getting mad because of your previous post...I have posted the same suggestion on a few threads but....no reply so thank you for replying and I was totally just giving you a hard time, u are a big help! now then about the coffee you posted in a different reply..I could really go for some right now . On a serious note Im glad u like the idea, it really is getting frustrating having to manually write it down and compare with my officers. I would love to discuss this with you and ,maybe with two heads we can figure out a feasible way to do this. I know that it's tickin my officers off as well as those who do check in to chat and wait for strategy and I Have noticed throughout the forums others having similar issues as you said.
                  Until next time thank you again hammer!
                  Last edited by Slh; 03-11-2013, 08:15 AM. Reason: Stupid typos I swear!
                  $tephsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Slh View Post
                    .....Does anyone agree there should be a running battle log for each empire? Not for the opposing team to see of course but for each empire to see so they can tell who is participating without having to go through after the fight and look, and to see who is being a team player. I'd really appreciate some feedback on this. Thanks!
                    1. I think the "running battle log" you describe is a great idea. Cuts down on the time needed to take attendance, and does not take away from the need to properly train troops.

2. I would also like to suggest an easy way to track contributions in game, so we can easily see who has contributed and who has not. Again, very tedious to do this manually.

3. Finally, I think a log of boss fight points contribution would also be good. A running log of how many points a player has contributed in the last 10 days or so. This helps officers easily see who has been contributing to boss fights and who has not.

The three things above allow officers to quickly determine who is active and who is not.
                    Last edited by Anshin; 03-11-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

I vote yes for battle logs, and it also would be cool to have some kind of tracking for officers to see how active people are.

Comment

Slh and Anshin: I totally agree the log will b a great help and it doesn't take away human interaction and communication but will b a great help!

Also currently there's NO way for officers to know for sure who did what. A lot of our members won't chat maybe because they are busy at other things or maybe because they are just quiet type. But they do read and listen during battles and they do follow orders. Then there're some just come whenever they can and hit anything to dump tokens. Or they just don't care and don't like to take orders... Now there's no way to distinguish between these two types... So a battle log will greatly help us. Then we can do the hard part by talking to them one by one to figure out what should b done to change that.
                        So thank u for listening to me and best of luck yall

Comment

@ashin @stone @hammer who can we talk to about this or maybe have read this to possibly have the creators think about it? Should I or someone else post this in a different spot? I would really and I can speak for me team our empire would really like to see something like this happen.
                          $tephsigpic

Comment

If you've played CA you know there is a battle log. Of course we realize how useful the battle log is. We didn't have time to get it into the 1.3 update and it also will not be in 1.3.5, but you should see it in the 1.4 update, as has been planned since before 1.3 was released.

Comment

The greatest news I heard today Manimal u guys really work hard to improve the game and we really appreciate that!!! Slh u can relax now knowimg it's coming

Best regards all devs!

Comment

Thank you, Manimal!!! Just made my day!

Comment

Working...
                                X