Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

The unspoken rule

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The unspoken rule

I Wasn't referring to your post but all good
    Originally posted by Necrofessr View Post
    I wasn't meaning it as an insult. I just thought she missed the point. Its not about rules or whatever. I just wanted to know how many people observe the unspoken rule still Not rant about sweet love or diamonds or stuff. No need to spend on my Allie invite.. Gift me knives though diamonds are to flashy for my taste

Comment

Guys, leaders of empires employ rules of etiquette for a reason...to keep the peace so their members can enjoy the game. There is a thing called a battle list. There are no rules or regulations on who to hit and when to hit another player...there are consequences. This game is the perfect example of "open world PvP". Some might like the cool graphics and the idea of being a part of something bigger in their life until that one day a person 1000 levels higher decides to farm them for a week straight. This is a perfect example of what upsets most people in this "war game": When somebody is constantly hitting you over and over it costs game cash to get out of the hospital and restore full health. If you just spent 20 bucks on FP to hit a boss in the chances of obtaining a cool piece of loot the person farming you makes it that much harder and sometimes impossible to utilize the FP bought.

Only question left is why is this person 1000 lvs higher is hitting you? What are they gaining? There has to be something to gain. Some like the fact others don't bank their money and will hit that person until they realize they need to put their money in the safehouse. Some people take it to the extreme and use Hotwire to obtain cash against players that cannot defend themselves. This is where having allies comes in real handy.

We cannot tell a person how to play a game in a "open world" PvP environment. That's why there are empires that defend others from the tyranny of those that defy common respect. My advice is to make friends and treat others the way you would want to be treated. This goes a long way in this game and can possibly put a stop to farming for whatever reason.

When the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded is the motto I use because I only hit off the battlelist. I never hit someone more than once a day. If I play by these rules then others that play the same way will come to your defense. Hail Victory!
      sigpic

Comment

Aprilwine for the win. That's what I wanted to express but failed to. I wanted to know if other players felt as I do

Comment

Its a game who gives a fuck, does it really matter if you get hit by the team your warring with? Not really....

About the battle list, my list is almost ALWAYS showing player 100-200 levels higher than me... why the hell would I hit off that? Please explain how the battle list is ok but everything else is not... its as broken as everything else in the game.
          Last edited by ICPosse8; 08-19-2014, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Points can be expressed without openly cursing out in general section. Thanks
            Originally posted by ICPosse8 View Post
            Its a game who gives a fuck, does it really matter if you get hit by the team your warring with?

Comment

Originally posted by chelsea View Post
              Points can be expressed without openly cursing out in general section. Thanks
              Not for me, its the way I talk. Don't like it Chelsea, have me kicked. If I swore in a different language would you care? Probably not because you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Noted. Forum rules are in FAQ. Further infractions or disregard for forum rules leads to its consequences. Thanks.
                Not for me, its the way I talk. Don't like it Chelsea, have me kicked. If I swore in a different language would you care? Probably not because you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Do you remember of the last appearance of Theroux swearing in French? He got banned within 24hr even if what he said didn't make sense

Anyway, just like aprilwine said, it's a war game, you can do whatever you want, you'll just have to accept the consequence of your actions because it isn't true that no one cares. I personally never hit from battle list, but since I don't farm anyone, I don't risk much. When people PM me and complain about how/when I hit them, I simply answer nicely and excuse myself. If this method doesn't suit you, then you'll simply have more enemies.
                  We call this a "rule" because most of the time, when you don't follow it, you get hit by the other empire. Most Empires condemn PvP during war in order to dodge conflicts.

Comment

Originally posted by chelsea View Post
                    Noted. Forum rules are in FAQ. Further infractions or disregard for forum rules leads to its consequences. Thanks.
                    Ok, well detracting the topic of the thread in order to throw out little rules that nobody really follows could also be seen as an infraction. Derailing the topic of the thread, you could of at least commented on what I posted or continued the discussion. Notice, I don't swear in every post I make and you also don't cite everyone for swearing when you could have. Doing it when you feel like is simply childish, who made you a mod?

Comment

Its a game who gives a does it really matter if you get hit by the team your warring with? Not really....

About the battle list, my list is almost ALWAYS showing player 100-200 levels higher than me... why the hell would I hit off that? Please explain how the battle list is ok but everything else is not... its as broken as everything else in the game.
                      again, it has been explained earlier in the thread. try to read all of the posts before you come into the convo and rant

Ok, well detracting the topic of the thread in order to throw out little rules that nobody really follows could also be seen as an infraction. Derailing the topic of the thread, you could of at least commented on what I posted or continued the discussion. Notice, I don't swear in every post I make and you also don't cite everyone for swearing when you could have. Doing it when you feel like is simply childish, who made you a mod?
                      you added absolutely nothing to this conversation, chelsea is here to keep the forums from running wild with people like you

you are aware that people perceive you as stupid if that's how you talk. read a book and expand your vocabulary. have fun growing up in the real world you tool
                      Last edited by DvEight; 08-19-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Very very true.
                        Originally posted by Aprilwine View Post
                        We cannot tell a person how to play a game in a "open world" PvP environment.
                        Some will hit during EvE and some won't. No written rule but it's an etiquette employed by a few.

Comment

Originally posted by eti View Post
                          Level means nothing, this rule doesn't mean anything to me and I think that most people would agree with me on this point.
                          Hitting 100 lvl lower doesn't change anything, you can still lose and you don't get any info on current eve...
                          This is the same double standard BS which makes this game a complete joke.

Yeah, hitting targets in EvE is such unsportsmanlike behavior but hitting hundreds(or a thousand levels) below you is A-OK. What a joke.

The only reason that "rule" ever graces CA is because of the ease of finding someone and farming a weak empire, with UE it is completely irrelevant due to the ease of finding any empire based on their rank etc and just using leaderboard to look them and anyone else you wish to bully up.

It is a stupid and pointless rule as dying in PvP doesn't have a damn bit of negative effect on your EvE battle, again another stupid make believe rule that isn't a rule( if the developer cared enough or felt it was a rule they would simply make it impossible to engage in regular PvP against the empire you are currently battling, then again that probably means doing actual programming work and not just paying freelancers to make artwork and reskinning your old game code)

I left my empire a while ago due to the kind of bullsheeit that some of you parade around the forums and apply in game, this ridiculous rule made to protect weak egos is just another in a long list of junk from this developer

Comment

Originally posted by Necrofessr View Post
                            Hitting down is the only choice for a true Lsi player he better have good Lts because I'm going after my points lol. It's more about the badge to me. If they are a 20+ BR that guy knows pvp lvl just means you like jobs/boss hunt to me not to mention the poor win/loss a down hitter will have is a dead give away he's weak
                            I like when terribly built LSI losers with hundreds of levels bounce on me, I take it out on their entire empire for days, sometimes, weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by DvEight View Post
                              again, it has been explained earlier in the thread. try to read all of the posts before you come into the convo and rant

you added absolutely nothing to this conversation, chelsea is here to keep the forums from running wild with people like you

you are aware that people perceive you as stupid if that's how you talk. read a book and expand your vocabulary. have fun growing up in the real world you tool
                              You just called him a "tool" which is funny I wonder when you will get your infraction/ban?

We all know the answer, I will call you a hypocrite because that is exactly what you are. A hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzy View Post
                                I like when terribly built LSI losers with hundreds of levels bounce on me, I take it out on their entire empire for days, sometimes, weeks.
                                Wow. LSI Losers? LMAO There are some solid BSI players in UE, but the majority of the ones who call themselves BSI, and go around trashing LSI....are just bitter that they played the game wrong.

"Can't play 60% of the game, have crap LT's and gear, can't get event LT's and get crushed by people who have been playing the game half as long as I have.....But my BSI is 7.8, So whats up!" - said no LSI ever

Sorry, back on topic. I think we're going a little far with this PvP during EvE thing. It's simply a show of respect to the other team and a dynamic that developed in the game to become the acceptable behavior.
                                Does it really matter if someone hits you during EvE or an hour after? Of course not. But this is a social game, and our little "society" has deemed that the norm.

Comment

Working...
                                X