Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Epic threshold too high or points too low

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic threshold too high or points too low

I was hoping this update would include more points when attacking enforcer sub bosses. Almost no difference when using a sniper which is the preferred class or an assassin. Normal or class hits it doesn't matter. Attacking an enforcer is a waste of stamina. For the same 40 hit you can get 1500 points vs a sniper or only 400 vs an enforcer??

My other issue is illuminati epic loot threshold is way too high compared to the number of people who can actually obtain enough points to get one. I think maybe 15 people can get 1 epic and there is like 90 positions
    Discuss 😄

Re: Epic threshold too high or points too low

I don't think the Illuminati epic limit is gonna change

We'll be taking a look at potentially rebalancing boss/classes in the near future but couldn't squeeze it in before the update came out. The good news is that kind of rebalancing shouldn't require another client update so you'll get the fixed system (if a fix is deemed appropriate) as soon as it's ready

Comment

Good to hear rebalancing points rewarded would help greatly across all bosses. As it is now people burn FP on the phases that give the most points and people who let thier stamina regen are left holding the bag vs heavy/enforcers and struggle to hit even the 1 epic threshold.

Maybe the treshold won't seem to bad if that is fixed. Still not great though unless the idea is to limit how many people get some items though ie Sara parts. The skulls bosses and illuminati seem to have a greater disparity in this area than the job related bosses

Comment

With bosses like Illuminate why can 90 people join if only 5-10 or so get an epic. Shouldn't most of the players get at least 1 epic? what's the point of fighting those hard bosses if epics are so hard to get if you don't use fp. In my clan people are very active in boss fights, but because of this only 4-7 people made the epic threshold and most of those are the ones who use fp.
        sigpic
        FBF0C0 EN/ES/AF/TS

Comment

That thing on enforcers giving less points is something we can address

Comment

Addressing that would definitely help if it increases the total points available to be earned on a boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Artanis View Post
              That thing on enforcers giving less points is something we can address
              It really should be addressed Artanis, as soon as possible! You (devs) said that preferred class against Enforcers is Sniper. Well, as a sniper, I'm doing minimal damage to Enforcers in boss battles. For example, a 10 stamina hit on an Enforcer will net me around 200 points. On the other hand, a 10 stamina hit on an Assassin will net me around 450 points. Now, no one wants to fight Enforcers in boss battles, and the people that do are getting far less points than they should have.

On the other hand, epic threshold is an EPIC threshold. That's why those items are Epic, they are hard to come by. But, I will agree that a slight re-balancing should be made.

Cheers!

☭ Brotherhood and Unity☭

Check out my Ultimate Boss Guide!
              The most viewed thread in UWE forum

Comment

The Illumianti threshold isnt the problem, can be achieved without spending in theory. The Phoenix thresholds are simply too high. 50k for the chance of 1 epicand 100k for 2 epics.. you can not achieve this points without spending tons of FP. I hope this going to be adjusted, otherwise it would be an introduction of a 2 class boss fighting system, where some bosses are simply untouchable.

To compare with castle age: the new generation monster there need a lot lower dmg done, around 12mill for the nwest geeration (can be compared to 20k pts here) for the maximum of loot.

Comment

Anyone else think that threshold for Red Phoenix Clan is kinda excessive?

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

Originally posted by AnalOverload View Post
                    Yes, me

Comment

illuminati's epic lmit is fine normally the top 20 people get epics, top 5-10 get at least 2...
                      youre not putting out enough stamina

the enforcer pts limit definitely needs to be addressed tho nobody attacks enforcers...
                      it makes some bosses ridiculous

Originally posted by AnalOverload View Post
                      this however i cant say yet as i havent completed one yet
                      Last edited by Bluntworthy; 03-04-2013, 08:16 AM.
                      EA5267
                      Leader of Blunt Trauma
                      Add me and apply

Comment

Originally posted by Alper View Post
                        TThe Phoenix thresholds are simply too high. 50k for the chance of 1 epicand 100k for 2 epics.. you can not achieve this points without spending tons of FP. I hope this going to be adjusted, otherwise it would be an introduction of a 2 class boss fighting system, where some bosses are simply untouchable.
                        WOW! 50k for 1 epic, 100k for two? Is this true? Now, with 40+k pts i wont get any epics? That is really excessive. I cant see lower sta player getting any epics from Phoenix in near future. This must be re-balanced.

☭ Brotherhood and Unity☭

Check out my Ultimate Boss Guide!
                        The most viewed thread in UWE forum

Comment

thresholds will be tweaked soon. the intent was for players to actually have to do epic damage contribution on a boss to get an epic item, but we agree it may be a bit unattainable on some stronger bosses.

Comment

Not sure if it was just insanely lucky or if Phoenix threshold is different than what you guys said. Did 23.3k dmg. Got 2 epics. None that I needed though

Comment

Nvm, Airmid fixed the threshold.
                              Last edited by AnalOverload; 03-06-2013, 01:24 AM. Reason: Because Airmid is Awsome

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

Working...
                              X