Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

What happened to ES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What happened to ES?

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    Both you and Tony are idiots. Simple as that.

Blue was saying you are scared of too many losses on ES record. All you ES weirdos hold that empire to some special standard that in reality doesn't exist. This is also why you would not allow the empire to continue operating with ES members and ES2 members. You were afraid of ES becoming a second rate empire (exactly as Blue stated) and decided to retire it.

The latter part of his statement is pretty clear. ES merged with AF to try and compete with Chosen and "try to stay on top"

Your goodie goodie gang should seriously contemplate playing dragonvale.
    Keep in mind which forum section you're in when you post Archaic. This is not the War & Politics section, consider this your first warning. If you're as intelligent as you believe you are, you can express yourself without resorting to naming people "idiots."

Second, as Blue was referring directly to the people who merged with ES, it clearly has nothing to do with the choice to shut the empire down that came later. ES players "merged" with AF well before the decision to shut the empire down came to fruition. Please refrain from baseless statements in the future Archaic.
    Paul - EmpireShadows

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
      Keep in mind which forum section you're in when you post Archaic. This is not the War & Politics section, consider this your first warning. If you're as intelligent as you believe you are, you can express yourself without resorting to naming people "idiots."

Second, as Blue was referring directly to the people who merged with ES, it clearly has nothing to do with the choice to shut the empire down that came later. ES players "merged" with AF well before the decision to shut the empire down came to fruition. Please refrain from baseless statements in the future Archaic.
      It's people like you that ruin player experience. You are a moron and I can call you that if I wish because it is true. In no way does calling someone an "idiot" or a "moron" violate TOS. They say those words in PG and G movies. The fact that you even threatened any sort of infraction for using the word idiot is a direct example that you have no place to be in the position you are in. This is a game rated for 12+ and warns gamers of the violent, sexual and suggestive themes.

If I cuss at you (like the bosses do in the game) or if I use derogatory or racist language feel free to give me an infraction but calling you stupid, an idiot, a moron is fine. Please grow up and quit hiding behind your goodie goodie 6 year old mindset and act like a grown up. You make yourself and everyone associated with you look really bad.

Comment

Please search the term "idiot" there are 45 other threads with that term within them. If I get an infraction for using that term you must then go through and give every single person that has used that word an infraction.

Comment

I have posted a number of times in a different thread that was moved to war and politics that I disagree with a decision that Paul made. But having discussed it at length with him for days before I posted, I firmly believe that he is not an idiot. People are going to have opinions that are sometimes polarizing and irreconcilable. That does not mean that one is right or the other is wrong. And these forums will not determine a winner either, even if we held a vote and a majority sided with one over the other. They are here so that we can have a community discussion (and get some updates/previews/answers from PA).

And if anybody views former ES members "goody goodies" because they worked hard to stay above the fray in the game and not engage in personal attacks (and were largely, if not entirely, successful at doing so), then please bestow the same badge on me. I will gladly wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sartori View Post
            I have posted a number of times in a different thread that was moved to war and politics that I disagree with a decision that Paul made. But having discussed it at length with him for days before I posted, I firmly believe that he is not an idiot. People are going to have opinions that are sometimes polarizing and irreconcilable. That does not mean that one is right or the other is wrong. And these forums will not determine a winner either, even if we held a vote and a majority sided with one over the other. They are here so that we can have a community discussion (and get some updates/previews/answers from PA).

And if anybody views former ES members "goody goodies" because they worked hard to stay above the fray in the game and not engage in personal attacks (and were largely, if not entirely, successful at doing so), then please bestow the same badge on me. I will gladly wear it.
            Badge Bestowed.

Comment

It's people like you that ruin player experience. You are a moron and I can call you that if I wish because it is true. In no way does calling someone an "idiot" or a "moron" violate TOS. They say those words in PG and G movies. The fact that you even threatened any sort of infraction for using the word idiot is a direct example that you have no place to be in the position you are in. This is a game rated for 12+ and warns gamers of the violent, sexual and suggestive themes.

If I cuss at you (like the bosses do in the game) or if I use derogatory or racist language feel free to give me an infraction but calling you stupid, an idiot, a moron is fine. Please grow up and quit hiding behind your goodie goodie 6 year old mindset and act like a grown up. You make yourself and everyone associated with you look really bad.
              Please search the term "idiot" there are 45 other threads with that term within them. If I get an infraction for using that term you must then go through and give every single person that has used that word an infraction.
              You don't hold these forums hostage like you seem to believe you do Archaic. A verbal warning is not an infraction, I would advise you to educate yourself on how the website works before you make incorrect statements. For your reference, I will post both the forum rules as well as the ToS. Forum Rules - ToS. To help with your game and forum experience I must also make sure you are aware that the ToS only applies to in-game interactions, and the forum rules only apply to forum interactions. For your clarification, "idiot" would be considered under the forum rule of Etiquette: hateful.

Unfortunately with such an expansive community it can be difficult to moderate all of the instances that break the rules. As such there are multiple Game Guru's who are able to make users aware of the various rules that exist on the forums. As Game Guru's we are just normal community members that volunteer our time to help out. We aren't perfect, but the end goal is to better the forums and I'd like to think that all of us have that aim in mind. The past is the past, but I would hope that as you've taken to claiming, the community is what you care about. With that in mind, how about we all work together to bring some respect back into it?

I hope that with this new knowledge your future posting experience will be more enjoyable.
              Paul - EmpireShadows

Comment

Thanks, Arch.

Goody_Awards_Team_Goody.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sartori View Post
                  Thanks, Arch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2058[/ATTACH]
                  Es can and most likely will make a comeback. Watch and see. I would bet money on it. Good luck to Es
                  sigpic
                  B̸L̸U̸∄: T̸h̸e̸ O̸R̸I̸G̸I̸N̸A̸L̸ G̸A̸N̸G̸S̸T̸E̸R̸â„¢

Comment

You don't hold these forums hostage like you seem to believe you do Archaic. A verbal warning is not an infraction, I would advise you to educate yourself on how the website works before you make incorrect statements. For your reference, I will post both the forum rules as well as the ToS. Forum Rules - ToS. To help with your game and forum experience I must also make sure you are aware that the ToS only applies to in-game interactions, and the forum rules only apply to forum interactions. For your clarification, "idiot" would be considered under the forum rule of Etiquette: hateful.

Unfortunately with such an expansive community it can be difficult to moderate all of the instances that break the rules. As such there are multiple Game Guru's who are able to make users aware of the various rules that exist on the forums. As Game Guru's we are just normal community members that volunteer our time to help out. We aren't perfect, but the end goal is to better the forums and I'd like to think that all of us have that aim in mind. The past is the past, but I would hope that as you've taken to claiming, the community is what you care about. With that in mind, how about we all work together to bring some respect back into it?

I hope that with this new knowledge your future posting experience will be more enjoyable.
                    Can I pls ask two questions here .. I am asking these as you have destroyed the joy of reading this post by getting into a discussion that is not required in first place ..

1) why this is a point of general discussion as to what happens to or happened to ES? When every day GG move topics to 'off topic' without consulting or suggesting to reader or posters .. Why this thread is not moved to 'war n politics' or 'empire discussions', and why you being in the capacity of being a gg participating in discussion here?

2) if calling idiot calls for a warning then how this sentence of yours should be treated as "I would advise you to educate yourself( I took it from above)"
                    You are not using the word but you are making sure that Arch feels the same as he would have if somebody had called him an idiot..
                    You, Paul, I am sorry to say destroy my joy of reading when you do that ..

When playing thr role of GG, Pls put your personal agenda aside when dealing with ppl like Arch who have not been your best of friends .. I would like to see you give warning to each Tom dick and Harry who is cursing badly on 'General discussions' these days because of the cash collection at 100% and recombos in Dice jobs..havent seen a gg doing that yet .. dozens of posts there .. Pick any and you will find ppl cursing devs and PA ..

Comment

Originally posted by Myinbox47 View Post
                      Can I pls ask two questions here .. I am asking these as you have destroyed the joy of reading this post by getting into a discussion that is not required in first place ..

1) why this is a point of general discussion as to what happens to or happened to ES? When every day GG move topics to 'off topic' without consulting or suggesting to reader or posters .. Why this thread is not moved to 'war n politics' or 'empire discussions', and why you being in the capacity of being a gg participating in discussion here?

2) if calling idiot calls for a warning then how this sentence of yours should be treated as "I would advise you to educate yourself( I took it from above)"
                      You are not using the word but you are making sure that Arch feels the same as he would have if somebody had called him an idiot..
                      You, Paul, I am sorry to say destroy my joy of reading when you do that ..

When playing thr role of GG, Pls put your personal agenda aside when dealing with ppl like Arch who have not been your best of friends .. I would like to see you give warning to each Tom dick and Harry who is cursing badly on 'General discussions' these days because of the cash collection at 100% and recombos in Dice jobs..havent seen a gg doing that yet .. dozens of posts there .. Pick any and you will find ppl cursing devs and PA ..
                      I will do my best to address your post as I feel I must have miscommunicated somewhere.

1) The reason I've left this here was because it was a general question directed at the community about an empire of UE. Would it fit in the War & Politics thread? No, because it is neither about war, or does it have a political message attached to it. It doesn't fit the current criteria of the Empire section of the forums because that section is used for recruitment. It's not Off-Topic because it relates to UE. If things continue to get off-topic is could be moved, if it gets too heated, it could be moved. As it stands right now though, this section is the best one to house this topic.

2) Once again I think this is where I must have miscommunicated what I said. A verbal warning is simply me typing "this is a warning." It has no bearing on your forum account and there is no section that tracks these types of warnings. The reason I said it was to help Archaic understand that breaking the forum rules is discouraged in this section. Stating, "I advise you to educate yourself" simply is in reference to Archaic making a statement that could confuse fellow posters because of it being incorrect. I'm sorry if you took it as if I was putting down Archaic, I used that phrase as a way to say that having knowledge on a subject before you claim it to be correct is the best way to conduct yourself on these forums. If players go around stating things that are incorrect, how will players like yourself ever find the correct answers to their questions?

There are multiple GG's on the forums, but even still it is incredibly hard to catch every single issue that happens. As I was already in this thread before Archaic joined it, I was able to catch Archaic's mistake and try and help him become a better community member here. Just as it is hard for us to find every issue, it is also hard for forum users to see all the action that is taken by us. I assure you that it is not an issue of bias and that this was simply a case of myself already being part of this thread.

Thank you for being part of the forums Myinbox47, I hope you have a better posting experience in the future.
                      Paul - EmpireShadows

Comment

I wanted to note that ES is also off the empire retiree list and will be reopening for business in the very near future.

Comment

I will do my best to address your post as I feel I must have miscommunicated somewhere.

1) The reason I've left this here was because it was a general question directed at the community about an empire of UE. Would it fit in the War & Politics thread? No, because it is neither about war, or does it have a political message attached to it. It doesn't fit the current criteria of the Empire section of the forums because that section is used for recruitment. It's not Off-Topic because it relates to UE. If things continue to get off-topic is could be moved, if it gets too heated, it could be moved. As it stands right now though, this section is the best one to house this topic.

2) Once again I think this is where I must have miscommunicated what I said. A verbal warning is simply me typing "this is a warning." It has no bearing on your forum account and there is no section that tracks these types of warnings. The reason I said it was to help Archaic understand that breaking the forum rules is discouraged in this section. Stating, "I advise you to educate yourself" simply is in reference to Archaic making a statement that could confuse fellow posters because of it being incorrect. I'm sorry if you took it as if I was putting down Archaic, I used that phrase as a way to say that having knowledge on a subject before you claim it to be correct is the best way to conduct yourself on these forums. If players go around stating things that are incorrect, how will players like yourself ever find the correct answers to their questions?

There are multiple GG's on the forums, but even still it is incredibly hard to catch every single issue that happens. As I was already in this thread before Archaic joined it, I was able to catch Archaic's mistake and try and help him become a better community member here. Just as it is hard for us to find every issue, it is also hard for forum users to see all the action that is taken by us. I assure you that it is not an issue of bias and that this was simply a case of myself already being part of this thread.

Thank you for being part of the forums Myinbox47, I hope you have a better posting experience in the future.
                          Thanks Paul .. Though I don't agree with all of the things you put in to answer my question, but I do appreciate that you take out time on this and clarified your stand .. I can live with that as it is not nexessary to have two diff point of opinions .. But trying help each other understanding the pop is what we need and you have done that .. So thanks again ..

Comment

ES is back open. Just looking for good players now. And thanks for the vote of confidence Blue. I have no doubt we can get ES back.

Comment

Originally posted by mike View Post
                              ES is back open. Just looking for good players now. And thanks for the vote of confidence Blue. I have no doubt we can get ES back.
                              Without a doubt. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger champ. You are a natural born leader Mikey. I have all the faith in the world for you and for ES. Good luck to you all. Everyone who stayed with ES and didn't run to AF the second things went wrong have my utmost respect. I'm proud of you all.
                              sigpic
                              B̸L̸U̸∄: T̸h̸e̸ O̸R̸I̸G̸I̸N̸A̸L̸ G̸A̸N̸G̸S̸T̸E̸R̸â„¢

Comment

Working...
                              X