Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Interesting Facebook post on bosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Facebook post on bosses

My first assumption, don't laugh, was that they had changed something with boss drops and I scampered off to the forums with glee.

Doesn't look like it but it got me curious.

It seems to imply that player rank or "contribution" in a bossfight is more important than is often discussed? I usually hit to my 3rd threshold and wander off without worrying what points others have. Am I reading too much into this or does it merit discussion?
    Come join us
    on the official
    Underworld Empire Discord Server
    https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Re: Interesting Facebook post on bosses

Isn't that a post from during the MMB event?
    48BE8B

Comment

Originally posted by alexian View Post
      no, they posted it on facebook just today.

while the 3 epic threshold (or 6 epic threshold for legend bosses) are set in place, maybe the players at the top of the board get the better loot while everyone else gets the usual crap?
      Insignia Upgrade Chances
      -Under Construction-
      Chances of upgrading to : (Success/Attempts)
      Level 2: 100% (26/26)
      Level 3: 100% (26/26)
      Level 4: 96% (25/26)
      Level 5: 96% (25/26)
      Level 6: 81% (23/28)
      Level 7: 80% (23/27)
      Level 8: 74% (23/30)
      Level 9: 73% (19/26)
      Level 10: 69% (12/18)
      Level 11: 60% (12/21)
      Level 12: 38% (12/34)
      Level 13: 39% (12/27)
      Level 14: 35% (12/36)
      Level 15: 29% (12/36)

Comment

Originally posted by alexian View Post
        I just got this message on my Facebook feed 10 minutes ago
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys,

Just want to clarify before you guys go start testing for hours and hours! Players at the top of the board do not better chances at loot for being at the top of the board. Boss loot hasn't changed and is still based on the thresholds. [keep an eye out for potential changes next year though!]

UWE_Renn

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulu View Post
            It seems to imply that player rank or "contribution" in a bossfight is more important than is often discussed? I usually hit to my 3rd threshold and wander off without worrying what points others have. Am I reading too much into this or does it merit discussion?
            I honestly think it's a case of whoever controls their FB account not realizing that words actually mean things so vague posts like this doesn'tt help.
            I took the post to be referring to working towards the estimated thresholds.

As for player ranks actually mattering, outside of MMB, I don't think they do. From my own experience, I've done about 10 Baron bosses while finishing in the top 10 and I've yet to see a Mafia insignia drop. In contrast, I got 2 other insignias when I put up fewer points. Getting to +350K points ain't cheap so I've become less inclined to continue trying. Of course, you can always argue that I'll need to do more than that but I usually get several copies of the worst drops per collection.
            Last edited by Ash; 12-03-2015, 01:04 AM. Reason: Note: Renn posted a response while I was typing.
            Been here for a minute. Worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by UWE_Renn View Post
              Hey guys,

Just want to clarify before you guys go start testing for hours and hours! Players at the top of the board do not better chances at loot for being at the top of the board. Boss loot hasn't changed and is still based on the thresholds. [keep an eye out for potential changes next year though!]

UWE_Renn
              Renn you're always helpful on here!!!

I guess the main question we have is...why in the heck was this even posted?!
              XMUS

Omega Dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by UWE_Renn View Post
                Hey guys,

UWE_Renn
                Thank you Renn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Come join us
                on the official
                Underworld Empire Discord Server
                https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

I think the amount of effort vs reward in this game is terrible. I played Wow (world of warcraft) for a decade and even if you didn't get the boss drop you needed you would get some semblance of reward during the raid/dungeon. Even if it was small, such as honor/tokens/achievements. In UE you are often rewarded with absolutely nothing of use from bosses or dice jobs... I mean, how many players need five 8* uncommon's from the west side?

Topping the charts* giving at least some sort of reward would be a much deserved benefit rather than the crap shoot we have now.

Comment

My Omakases, Bubbas and Aladdins would beg to differ.
                    Originally posted by brown mamb View Post
                    In UE you are often rewarded with absolutely nothing of use from bosses

In all seriousness though, the community has done a good job in letting PA know we want a change in boss drops and as Renn said above... lets keep an eye out for next year ( hopefully not next year soon ).

Funny thing is PA's other game ( Castle Age ) does not have this issue and is going strong in terms of boss drops.

Comment

In the 2+ years that I have been playing Underworld, it seems to be that Castle Age has always avoided the issues that UE seems to have. The players seem to be pleased over there. I know that you can purchase past black market LT's and their gear at any time, and just seems like it runs so much smoother than the shitastropies over here. If I could just get into playing that game...I've tried a few different times, and still come back to UE in hopes that they have applied the same tactics and fairness here as they have in Castle Age. I just don't understand how the same company owns both games, and they are so much alike, but yet so different...
                      XMUS

Omega Dynasty

Comment

Originally posted by daRealXmus View Post
                        In the 2+ years that I have been playing Underworld, it seems to be that Castle Age has always avoided the issues that UE seems to have. The players seem to be pleased over there. I know that you can purchase past black market LT's and their gear at any time, and just seems like it runs so much smoother than the shitastropies over here. If I could just get into playing that game...I've tried a few different times, and still come back to UE in hopes that they have applied the same tactics and fairness here as they have in Castle Age. I just don't understand how the same company owns both games, and they are so much alike, but yet so different...
                        Funny you say that, but I was thinking about this the other day and what keeps me playing castle age is even though I'm a bsi with not even 400 stamina I can still reach thresholds easy and on top of that can still farm monsters to get the alchemy builds. For example a monster I just finished getting the alchemy for was lothorywen, didn't need to spend a dime. Yes I had to farm them slowly but honestly in the end it was worth it. Monsters there just drop loot better

Comment

Originally posted by chelsea View Post
                          Funny thing is PA's other game ( Castle Age ) does not have this issue and is going strong in terms of boss drops.
                          This. I really hope next year brings awesome changes to boss drops. They are a total buzzkill in ue. No matter how much I want to try my hand on bosses here, they are just not worth the effort. Which is ironic considering it's supposed to be a better upgrade to castle age, a game I as a bsi, have managed to get a lot of legendary gear through boss hunting. That too With only 300 stamina /energy 2500/1000 at/df and slow kill groups. They are much better organized because people know they can get good rewards if they work together. Not at all like ue bosses where we can kill them to infinity but still get the same useless drops 99.999999% of the time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Something is coming..."soon"

We aren't happy with where it's at and are making changes - it's definitely on our radar - once we know more we'll post some more info

Comment

I just noticed the old skin bosses (which I love by the way, way better than the new skin that require insane stam to beat) the old ones now have the fraction stam hit. E.G. If you have 39stam and do a 40stam hit you don't have to wait for that last 1stam to hit. I love this feature as it allows you to power level.

Also again, I really dislike the new bosses/reskined bosses. I liked the old ones where you did more points and take high counter dmg. I understand the thresholds are supposed to be lower (old thresh from rpc is almost half)but they **require much more stam to kill. Also newest boss War Hounds has a 2x epic thresh as the same as old bosses 3x epic thresh. So you're basically using 4x the amount of stam and the amount of junk epic still drop.

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

Working...
                              X