Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

New Release! iOS/Android 2.67, PvP Update Round 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Release! iOS/Android 2.67, PvP Update Round 1

Hey all,

The newest version of Underworld Empire is rolling out on both iOS and Android! This new version includes the screen-size fix for iOS 9 as well as the first set of changes for our big PvP overhaul.

You'll notice on the Battle List and Duel/War pages you can select the amount of stamina you can use when attacking someone, up to 40 stamina per hit. All of your rewards will be multiplied by the amount of stamina you spend, with a special exception for money from Hotwire activation. Spending 40 stamina while using Hotwire will be like spending 1 stamina 40 times. This means you can't one-shot a player's bank by having Hotwire activate on a big stamina hit [which would feel awesome, but also make her super overpowered ].

We also implemented a stamina-saving feature for those of you who opt to spend multiple stamina at a time. If the person you're attacking would only take 6 stamina to get into execution range and you attack with 10 stamina, we only charge you 6 and take you straight to the execution screen. We felt like this would be the most streamlined implementation and the biggest benefit to you guys as players. Definitely better than swapping stamina costs all the time!

More changes (which will be detailed soon in another dev post) will be coming in upcoming releases. We opted to do an incremental release of all of the PvP changes so we can better monitor the effects on the game economy and get feedback from the community every step of the way.

This release also addresses several crashes we found during the last event, and a couple major behind-the-scenes changes we had to make to be iOS9 compliant. For all those wondering why this release took so long, it's because iOS9 compliance is a lot more than just fixing how screen sizing works.

As always, feel free to call out any unexpected behavior or things that seem like bugs and we'll dig into the code to explain what you're seeing. Looking forward to starting a new chapter of PvP!

UWE_Renn

Re: New Release! iOS/Android 2.67, PvP Update Round 1

Great news, thank you!

edit: I updated and tried to pvp and all I get is an error

Last edited by AnalOverload; 10-20-2015, 12:11 AM.

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

Nice and as a software guy, kudos on taking the incremental release approach on this so you can roll back easily and avoid disruption due to too much new stuff at once.

...lol there is gonna be a lot of dead folks out there for a few days.

Comment

Hey AO,

I'm checking out that error now! Appears to be happening randomly to different players.

UWE_Renn

Comment

Heard if you do a 40 stamina hit and win it only counts as 1 win... Shouldn't it count for say 40?

Comment

High health players are going to not like this.

Did you get rid of the rank up screen pop ups. They ruin a pvp wars.

Can Duke be modified to work on pvp also. pretty please.
            Last edited by Xcali1985; 10-20-2015, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Rank 24=no fight list

Comment

@Static, I've confirmed that multi-stamina hits are counting correctly towards achievements and the stats displayed on the PvP page. Let me know if it's not being displayed correctly somewhere else!

@XCali, We haven't removed the rank up screens, but are aware that they're a pain during pvp wars. No promises on Duke

@Dr death, No people display on your fight list? Or everyone displayed is already dead?

UWE_Renn
                Last edited by UWE_Renn; 10-20-2015, 01:29 AM.

Comment

I've identified the "Error getting data" issue some people are seeing and am working on a fix.

UWE_Renn

Comment

The "Error Getting Data" bug is resolved!

UWE_Renn

Comment

It was a Rank 24 issue. Now it is not counting wins correctly in achievements

Comment

@DrDeath I just checked again and am still not seeing an issue with achievement tracking. Note that if it only costs you 15 stamina to kill someone and you attempt to spend 40 stamina, you will only be charged 15 stamina and will gain 15 wins in your achievement.

UWE_Renn

Comment

Hey, is anyone else feeling like Scythe is working with the x40 or is it just me?

Comment

ATTENTION - please read this devs if you dont wanna lose a lot of players

The high stam hits give high no of wins. You have to change this immediately, if you dont want to ruin PvP for most existing PvP-built toons.

Its awesome that you can now use stam faster (if you want to) for BPs, XP, money, BUT no of wins MUST equal no of hits instead of no of stam!

I am a high level, strong PvP-build, and I can easily see this completely ruining PvP.

The results of this:
                            - First of all, why even bother with choosing amount of stam (if its correlated to no of wins), cause everyone will choose 40 stam hit. If it does not correlate to no of wins, then the choice between different stam uses are awesome.
                            - Low stam builds (like me) might now have just a FEW hits on an entire refill. PvP just got VERY expensive for everyone who doesnt have minimum 1K stam. Dont for a second believe that anyone wants to PvP someone using 1 stam, if opponent is using 40 stam.
                            - Previous point is double true for glass cannons, whose PvP revolves largely around going 1on1 against someone else. I cant do that if i have to use 40 stam hits. It will be quickly over, it will involve little to no skill, and it will be expensive if i dont want to be the one quitting every time. Understand this; i NEVER stop healing in a 1on1, EVER.Thats some of the point with being a PvP'er. This part is now about money instead of skills.
                            - If opponent has a lot of stam, and wants to get extra XP faster, then sure he can use 40 stam, but you CAN NOT give him 40 wins!
                            - Every previously acquired w/l ratio is worthless.
                            - In Castle Age, they have a 10 stamina hit, this still only gives 1 win, but it has its own advantages. Do the same here!
                            - Edit: There are players more BSi than me, it is even worse for them. This is all about stamina now. And you can deal out a lot of losses to enemy team if you lose to the BSi - the BSi's PvP is ****ed.
                            - Edit: The speed/skill aspect of PvP is gone. Just spend more stam instead. Wheeee....
                            - Edit: War and duel is equal now. This was also part of a strategy that is now gone. Guess we all need to spend more now, cause now we all need a high star Sin. Someone who beat me in war should never normally pvp me, cause my duel would be much faster,

Please read through my post, and please change nr of wins to 1 pr HIT, instead of STAMINA, or else: Congratulations, you ruined PvP, and lost me as a player from today.

Edit: I can not stress my point enough on this one, cause it is a game breaker. PvP is the TIME FILLER. If you wanna play UWE, and cant hit bosses/jobs/EvE, then PvP is very cheap, cause you can have fun hitting someone, or building your wins, or going 1on1 on someone to see who is best - without it costing much. For any true PvPer, they now have just one option if they wanna compete: the 40 stam hit. And the only reason for that is that 40 stam gives 40 wins! PvP just became very expensive. You also made all high eng/low stam builds obsolete, and most important you REMOVED THE TIME FILLER that many of us love.
                            Last edited by TheD; 10-20-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlabamaBlu
                              I'm not sure I understand why, if I spend 20 stam and they are all winning hits, should I not be rewarded 20 wins when an opponent who hits 20 times 1 token would get the 20 wins? it's the same fair count in my eyes.
                              Are you serious? You are obviously not a PvPer. PvP isnt just about having the biggest toon, its also largely about skills, and going 1on1. It is also a time filler. All of these things are now gone. And every strong energy built PvP toon is now obsolete. You need a lot of stamina, and you need a lot of refills. One easy solution: keep all changes except no of wins

Edit: sry i wasnt very polite. Im just very angry about this change. The other changes are good.

Comment

Working...
                              X