Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.â€‌
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flameâ€‌, “troll.â€‌ or “hazeâ€‌.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create �sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Building Shields and a couple other things really hurt this game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Shields and a couple other things really hurt this game.

Let me preface this by saying I'm still playing this game, mainly because it's become a daily habit logging in to spend energy and drop tokens during EvE 3 battles per day.

Anyway, from my observations there are a few things that came out that ended up hurting this game. I'll list them out and give a brief explanation as to why it had a negative effect. Feel free to either agree or disagree and I'd love the input of others.

1) Lieutenants like Lady Vice, Envy, and Viper.
    This one is fairly simple - the shear fact that these lts are in this game means the devs have to balance every lt around them, despite not everyone owning these lts. It is these lts that event lts have such low special effects. This goes on to make many people feel like they wasted their money on spending on events and really, the lts listed should be removed from the game. To compensate players, for every star of one of these lts, give the player an epic crate roll for lady vice and viper and an uncommon crate roll for envy. While there will be people that are upset, the overall game will improve.

2) Building Shields.
    To be honest, I don't know why these were ever implemented into this game. All they do is slow down the battles and cause empires with few active demolitionists to lose battles that they more than likely would have won. All they do is cause an annoyance, especially when later on buildings have 6k shields. Either these need to be removed, or they should be drastically nerfed. Make empire battles more about players fighting each other as opposed to having it be more along the lines of which team has the most shields and active heavies/upgraded terminators. The funny thing is, with terminator a big selling part of the class is bury so you can do a lot of building damage by hitting lots of people...however, that skill is worthless when there is a barrier because you can't attack anyone.

3) Terrible RNG with boss drops.
    This has been talked about before, but I feel it should be brought up again. Being someone that has over 300 kills on mafia insurrection and have yet to receive 2 parts to make the legendary helicopter, I have to admit, this is a real pet peeve of mine. Boss drops should be changed to you get a few items, but have it be more about getting some currency to where you can purchase items. It would take some work to be able to implement, but it will always give people a sense of progression as opposed to the shear hopelessness after seeing the same items drop time and time again.

Well, that's it for me. What are some thoughts from others? I know some dislike the insignia system, but that's one of the few updates that I really enjoy. Yes, the failure rates can be maddening at times, but when you have terrible luck with getting Lts from whatever source you choose, it's a good way to still see some progression.

Re: Building Shields and a couple other things really hurt this game.

You expect PA to tell all those level 3/4k players that have an 8*/7*/6* LV ( I am sure we can imagine how much it cost to get that ) to get a crate roll that gives an Epic per Star level and destroy their LV because they want to balance the game?

You want players that got Envy and spent crazy for Viper to compensate for not having LV should also go the same route?

This will not happen for a lot of reasons. While i get the need to re-balance the game and understand how things are now, destroying a current lt in game will cause more problems for PA and is not the solution.

Mist and all of us have spoken tirelessly on RNG with boss drops and can only hope the Devs rectify this soon.

Originally posted by genesiser View Post
    1) Lieutenants like Lady Vice, Envy, and Viper.
    This one is fairly simple - the shear fact that these lts are in this game means the devs have to balance every lt around them, despite not everyone owning these lts. It is these lts that event lts have such low special effects. This goes on to make many people feel like they wasted their money on spending on events and really, the lts listed should be removed from the game. To compensate players, for every star of one of these lts, give the player an epic crate roll for lady vice and viper and an uncommon crate roll for envy. While there will be people that are upset, the overall game will improve.

Comment

Agree with point 3. Point 1 won't happen due to reasons stated above

As to shields and ap I think they r not that bad a deal as it allows smaller empires to at least fight back for some decent cc. Bigger empires that roll over empires in 5-10 mins now slow down. For empires that are active the shields provide an additional strategic element.

Also likely future lts might include powers to dmg shield etc.
      terminator class is crazy strong for demo players if they have sufficiently built up their toons. Please remember new classes need patience and dedication along with time to make the new classes realize their full potential. These classes are not the end all though. They need to be combined with other classes.

Though all things said and done I do agree that due to the totally useless nature of cc in strengthening a toon lots of empires are now inactive and it can get bugging when hitting a less active empire with shields. You just want the battle to be over as its boring.

Hopefully devs listen to the community and improve upon the points being constantly stressed by the players. Cheers.
      sigpic

Comment

RNG needs to go. It's terrible and there's isn't a true RNG. I have no idea why they believe it works. It's been stated from skills proc, boss drops, insignia failures, etc that it doesn't work correctly.

For insignias make them like properties. You want level 10 it cost x amount of alloy and x amount of cash. Period.

The Tech lab crap is a joke. 99% of the people won't see even 2-3 of those legendary items. The fact that you need passports to join legendary bosses screwed it up. Especially since they are consumable.

LV, Envy, Viper broke the game I can honesty say they fact that they posted the recommended layout including one of those when talking about chopper proves the point.

Event LTs should be independently special. The 800 or so people that have vice don't compare to the overall benefit having Chopper with a correct skill would have done to the game.

Empire wars have become a pain. In addition it nerfed 2 things. Mark Target which snipers should be compensated for since you removed a skill basically. Also if someone places the bunker in 8 you ruined the benefit of assassins being able to sneak in though 9.

Lastly there is a Content Suggestion forum with a ton of suggestions that are good to great yet hey get ignored in favor of the stuff listed in this thread.

There have also been great LT powers suggested on the forums. Yet no one listens to them also. Even with community feedback on them.

Comment

Few people are as angry as I am when it comes to the recent updates to the Tech Lab especially with all the lt gear and parts/vehicles from old Judgment crates now becoming obsolete and the ability it gave to create Epics and other lts now gone because some of us are still stuck with those items when we could have easily had 9* common lts from old Judgment crates. I am glad though that PA made some legendaries like Dragon Fang and a few others to be accessible but there are some items there that even for a moderate spender seem unreachable but i guess we need to be patient?

I don't know why a passport was implemented for bosses because it truly is unnecessary in my opinion and alienates some of the player base. Perhaps it was done to prevent taggers or something like that?
          Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
          The Tech lab crap is a joke. 99% of the people won't see even 2-3 of those legendary items. The fact that you need passports to join legendary bosses screwed it up. Especially since they are consumable.
          One good thing I have seen though is that PA is implementing player suggestions but it's been done at a slow pace. Recent event introduced the Epic crate roll with a chance at old event epic which was something Mist suggested and kept championing for the UE community and not himself alone and devs produced that. Quite a few suggestions from players have been implemented in game so we can only continue to hope and be patient for PA to implement some of our player base's suggestions that are truly feasible and benefits the community of UE as whole.

Like someone said on another thread, rather than quit the game due to frustrations... make your ideas ( positive ones in a constructive manner ) heard and in time PA will look into it and hopefully implement it. What can you do till then? Play the game at your own pace and in a way that won't burn you out emotionally/financially. I am working on this myself.

Comment

At xcal:

RNG needs to go. It's terrible and there's isn't a true RNG. I have no idea why they believe it works. It's been stated from skills proc, boss drops, insignia failures, etc that it doesn't work correctly.

• Yes the RNG is pretty bad. I think if there was a way to display it like in dice jobs the % of likely hood of LTs (crate page has it) and the amount a player has collected of that LT. Also in boss fights, the weapon drop% and past payouts (I'm looking at you Omakase!)

For insignias make them like properties. You want level 10 it cost x amount of alloy and x amount of cash. Period.

• Insignias are neat and did enjoy the power boost, I'm not going to say anything is too out of line with the way they are handled and I'm sure in time further improved will be made to streamline the upgrade process

• Oh god, yeah it would take at least a mortgage or two to afford to even collect anything legendary off that list (I'm talking about the Medals and Legend boss gear ones, the others like the restyle RPC ect legendarys are adequately attainable)
            • Somehow I feel somewhat responsible for the fact we have Legendary bosses since I posted a few weeks before they came out about not so much harder bosses, but bosses that if players wished to put up amazing points they would be rewarded with more weapons and goodies. It might just be coincidence that I posted and that idea was already in the works. Here a link to that thread:

LV, Envy, Viper broke the game I can honesty say they fact that they posted the recommended layout including one of those when talking about chopper proves the point.

• They kinda did. I mean wow is it fun to clone power to push them even further but I have a feeling that because the devs are aware of cloning abilities they then while developing and balancing any new LT power it is given less than it would be if clone LTs didn't exist. One solution I had was to word powers a certain way to avoid overpower cloning. Like instead of saying decrease an opponent def power "by" 1% (illusionist) you can say, decrease an opponent def power "to" 99%. He's an example of a nerf when he was released, first few min had him list a higher %. I imagine he had to be waked upside the head to prevent massive power sway in higher stars and cloning.

Event LTs should be independently special. The 800 or so people that have vice don't compare to the overall benefit having Chopper with a correct skill would have done to the game.

•Pretty much every event Lt other than chopper and exterminator was well received. I think Devs should learn from the fact powers regarding atk and def are not that popular with most the community. I see the value when you got stats in the 5 digits, the problem is when you scale % to the small guy the gains are not that great. Again wording and playing with the math would help in this dept. forum posters like Selene are amazing at math, and are able to break things down on the break down

Empire wars have become a pain. In addition it nerfed 2 things. Mark Target which snipers should be compensated for since you removed a skill basically. Also if someone places the bunker in 8 you ruined the benefit of assassins being able to sneak in though 9.

• hmm, interesting point

Lastly there is a Content Suggestion forum with a ton of suggestions that are good to great yet hey get ignored in favor of the stuff listed in this thread.

• Yup, Agreed

There have also been great LT powers suggested on the forums. Yet no one listens to them also. Even with community feedback on them.

• I used to post a few. Not sure where to go forward with that one anymore

**Tap Banner for Latest AO LT post**

Comment

all good points raised in this topic, the part about the shields is right but at the same time is a life saver for my empire as it slows the opposing side down giving some of us time to get home from work/school or other real life activity.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
                all good points raised in this topic, the part about the shields is right but at the same time is a life saver for my empire as it slows the opposing side down giving some of us time to get home from work/school or other real life activity.
                I think shields for most people are like Enforcers. Love them when they're benefiting you, hate them when they aren't.

My Regards,
                Joker,
                Manager of Dark London.

Comment

My vote on #1 is to go in the opposite direction. Have the next couple Event epics be more overpowered than usual. Get 5-6 out that are better than Lady Vice. Those without her can get a full loadout of awesome, those with her can still enjoy her but now have to debate using her or a newly minted amazing one. Get people excited about acquiring an edge over others again.

Restructure the event rewards and give a full disclosure of the Fantastic LT abilities in advance.

Could make things better, could make them worse...
                  Come join us
                  on the official
                  Underworld Empire Discord Server
                  https://discord.gg/ThdmzmJ

Comment

Shoelds are an annoyance but Vigilante helps. I have 5 HW's with me every war. It just means get in WC and recruit HW's. As for boss drops yeah they are trash and all about luck. Would be better if devs setup a points tier base for boss items simular to events. This would mean no guess work. As for Vice Envy and Viper lts are already out it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Unitas81 View Post
                      Shoelds are an annoyance but Vigilante helps. I have 5 HW's with me every war. It just means get in WC and recruit HW's. As for boss drops yeah they are trash and all about luck. Would be better if devs setup a points tier base for boss items simular to events. This would mean no guess work. As for Vice Envy and Viper lts are already out it is what it is.
                      Each boss having a mini ranking system. Hmm you may have something there.

Comment

Originally posted by Unitas81 View Post
                        As for boss drops yeah they are trash and all about luck. Would be better if devs setup a points tier base for boss items similar to events. This would mean no guesswork.
                        It is an interesting idea...

A tier for individual points and then one for rank?

How would you do the epics, tech lab parts and legendary drops - just out of curiosity?
                        Come join us
                        on the official

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulu View Post
                          It is an interesting idea...

A tier for individual points and then one for rank?

How would you do the epics, tech lab parts and legendary drops - just out of curiosity?
                          Epics are not important here so i would place them amongst the tiers as natural progression. I would have a top tier for 1 tech lab part and 2 parts for top finisher. All top finishers receive a 1 in 100 odd of randomly winning a legendary item. This removes most guess work. Also a second option is having a weekly achievement for bosses i.e. 7 top finishes a week gets one legendary item roll.

By top tier for tech lab i mean top 5 for bosses with 29 or less attackers. Top 10 for 30+.
                          Last edited by Unitas81; 09-05-2015, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amaretto
                            Easy: BOSSEXAMPLE (sorry for the name)

0-5k = Commons drop
                            5k-8k = Uncommon Drop + 1 Uncommon insignia
                            8k-10k = Rare Drop + 1 rare Insignia
                            10k-12k = 1 Epic Drop + 1 epic insignia
                            12-15k = 2 Epic Drop
                            15-20k = 3 Epic Drop
                            20k-25k = 4 Epic Drop + Steel Kraken Part
                            25k-30k = 4 Epic Drop + Steel Kraken Part + Legendary tech lab item
                            30K+ = 4 Epic Drop + Steel Kraken Part + Epic tech lab item + Legendary item

Something like that?
                            Yeah...

And I like the name.

What about this Unitas?

Individual Rewards (stack)
                            0-5k = Commons drop + alloy
                            5k-8k = Uncommon Drop + 1 Uncommon insignia + alloy
                            8k-10k = Rare Drop + 1 rare Insignia + alloy
                            10k-12k = 1 Epic Drop + 1 epic insignia + alloy
                            12-15k = +1 Epic Drop + alloy
                            15-20k = +1 Epic Drop + alloy
                            20k-25k = + 33% chance of 4th epic drop + 1% chance at legendary item
                            25k-30k = + 33% chance of 4th epic drop + 1% chance at legendary item
                            30K+ = + 34% chance of 4th epic drop + 1% chance at legendary item

Having explicit thresholds and clearly stated drop rates would facilitate boss planning for sure. In this scheme, by hitting high enough a player could ensure 4 total epic drops (from currently available item pools but all epics now have an equal drop rate among each other) and a 3% chance at a legendary drop. Having guaranteed tech parts and legendary weapons might flood the game with overpowered inventories but they should be included to be sure.

Some kind of rank reward would be a nice addition as well (non-stacking)
                            Rank 1 = +2% chance at legendary item
                            Rank 2 = +1% chance at legendary item
                            Rank 3-5 = +2% chance at tech lab epic drop in collected loot
                            Rank 6-10 = +1% chance at tech lab epic drop in collected loot

And these are not ideas meant to disparage Amaretto's initial suggestions or to prevent further discussion. It's kind of a really interesting concept and it will be fun to see more input.
                            Last edited by Cthulu; 09-05-2015, 06:46 AM. Reason: someone please suggest a nerf for Omakase and Bubba drop rates! lol
                            Come join us
                            on the official

Comment

if boss fighting had a reward system like whats been suggested at least I would know what I am aiming at and would actually bother putting some effort into them, although I love boss fighting I find as the months go on I cant really be bothered with the majority of the bosses due to the complete garbage that most of them drop, most of the time I only do mastermind or mafia insurrection as they are easy and dont require much but would spend time with the others if I knew what to expect and get rid of the useless garbage like omakases and bubbas please out of these bosses.

Comment

Working...
                              X