Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

EVE Revamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVE Revamp

First, let me say that this idea is based on feedback from friends within the game and posts that I have read within this forum. This is not something I'm suggesting based on a personal bias, but what I believe will spark life back into EVE.

Recently, I noticed the empire information section now lists the average level of the toons within the empire. This got me thinking. What if the average level of toons in the empire is used as a "salary cap" for empires. Now I know that I've lost some of you right there, but please, let me explain.

If you are unfamiliar with the salary cap in sports, there are two kinds. Not 100% accurate but, the hard cap means it is absolutely not possible to go over a set total team salary, and a soft cap, where teams are able to go over the set total team salary but must pay a luxury tax. What I am proposing is a soft cap for empires.

Here is how the soft cap would work. Let's just say the average level cap is 2000. My empire has an average level cap of 2500. We must collectively pay an "upkeep" which would include anything from cash, items or even daily achievements. The higher you go over the cap, the higher the upkeep costs will be. Some empires will be able to pay it, some will not. This will be determined by activity. I haven't been able to narrow down the penalty for not being able to pay the upkeep, but two ideas I have had are the penalized empire is not able to participate in EVE or the penalized empire takes severe debuffs until it is paid.

Here are the pros:
    1. Dead high-level meat shields will be kicked. If you can't pull your weight with activity, you're not worth having around.
    2. Low level BSI builds will become very valuable. In other words, strength below cap.
    3. High level LSI builds will become a liability, somewhat. Weakness above the cap will hurt the team. However, these builds will also be more likely to pay the upkeep more often than BSI builds as items and cash come more easily for them.
    4. High level accounts in LS, AF, etc. have NOTHING better to do. That's right. Until the recent empire upgrades, these empires weren't even making donations on a daily basis because they were done. So what happened to all the items they gained during that time? Nothing, they have a stock pile of those too. So now there are new upgrades. Guess what. It won't take them long to finish those either because of their stockpile of items. In fact, they're probably already done with them. This would also help these players achieve their daily achievements because paying your upkeep would count as the daily "donate XXX to your empire", which they were never able to get, and the new lifetime donation achievements.
    5. Last, but not least, competition. This is the most important part. There is a HUGE divide between the top 2, the top 5 maybe?, the top 50?, legend league, and everyone else. Until a drastic empire move is made like we've seen in the past, the only teams competing for the number 1 spot is LS and AF.

Again, I'm not trying to break up LS, AF, etc. etc. etc. To be honest, if my current empire fails, I'll be knocking on the door of one of the top empires soon after. I'm saying, ok, if those empires want to stay together, they need to be able to pay a huge price.

Please, let me know, in a polite way, why this won't work. I'm trying to work out scenarios in my head of how this could be exploited. I will post them at a later time but I would like your feedback first.
    Last edited by Guy; 01-16-2017, 07:19 PM.

Re: EVE Revamp

Sorry, this should probably be moved to Suggestions. I get these two sections confused.

Comment

We are penalized now because we have no place to donate cash or an item. Try getting 320 achievements done when you are likely to have those 2 on of your list. Add to it the MVP, execute 10 players 50 levels+, beat 10 players 50 levels +, get an uncommon Lt, the Monday PVP standard and it gets to be quite tough to get an average of 4 from 80 players. More if you are slightly below that number. Not everybody wants to PVP or are built to win at 50+ and most will never see the board.

Comment

So you're saying that your inability to charge your super power is already rebalancing EVE?

Comment

If this idea is implemented, and if the cap is the empires' average level, all empires will just kick lower level toons to increase their average. This will discourage all new players to enter the game and it will be the death of UE.

Comment

I said many moons ago ( Back in the year 2013 ) that UE needs a level CAP rule for EvE! This was back when the highest level in the game was less than 2k.

A level CAP in UE where the average level of an empire can't be above a certain level will truly change EvE for the better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan_Man View Post
              If this idea is implemented, and if the cap is the empires' average level, all empires will just kick lower level toons to increase their average. This will discourage all new players to enter the game and it will be the death of UE.
              I see where your misunderstanding is. The cap is not set by the average level of the empire. The cap would be set by the developers of UE. The empires average level must stay below that number or be punished / pay an upkeep.

Example with extreme examples:

Level cap set by UE developers is 1000.

Best Empire Ever:
              Toon 1: Level 2000
              Toon 2: Level 2000
              Toon 3: Level 2000

Average Toon Level: 2000
              Upkeep: $20 Trillion Dollars, 1,000 Donation Items per day

Second Best Empire Ever:
              Toon 1: Level 1501
              Toon 2: Level 1001
              Toon 3: Level 501

Average Toon Level: 1001
              Upkeep: $1 and 1 Crown Jewel per day

Worst Empire Ever:
              Toon 1: Level 100
              Toon 2: Level 100
              Toon 3: Level 100

Average Toon Level: 100
              Upkeep: $0

Comment

Originally posted by chelsea View Post
                I said many moons ago ( Back in the year 2013 ) that UE needs a level CAP rule for EvE! This was back when the highest level in the game was less than 2k.

A level CAP in UE where the average level of an empire can't be above a certain level will truly change EvE for the better IMO.
                I think "can't" is too harsh. I think it can, but there needs to be an upkeep cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
                  I see where your misunderstanding is. The cap is not set by the average level of the empire. The cap would be set by the developers of UE. The empires average level must stay below that number or be punished / pay an upkeep.

Example with extreme examples:

Level cap set by UE developers is 1000.

Best Empire Ever:
                  Toon 3: Level 2000

Average Toon Level: 2000
                  Upkeep: $20 Trillion Dollars, 1,000 Donation Items per day

Second Best Empire Ever:
                  Toon 3: Level 501

Average Toon Level: 1001
                  Upkeep: $1 and 1 Crown Jewel per day

Worst Empire Ever:
                  Toon 1: Level 100
                  Toon 2: Level 100

Average Toon Level: 100
                  In this scenario, look what happens. Best empire ever says forget this, can't afford to keep the band together. 1 guy leaves out of frustration. This keeps happening until all of the empires are at an upkeep they can afford...

Best Empire Ever:
                  Toon 2: Level 501

Average Toon Level: 867

Second Best Empire Ever:

Average Toon Level: 1200
                  Upkeep: $1,000,000 and 100 Crown Jewels per day

Worst Empire Ever:

Average Toon Level: 1033
                  Upkeep: $1,000,000 and 50 Crown Jewels per day

Now there is a much more even distribution of players among empires and competition will be much better!

Comment

I don't know that I want to be punished with not being able to play with my friends that I built my toon with. Forcing me to pay a price for showing monetary loyalty to the game.

Instead, they need to introduce a handicap buff when AVERAGE EMPIRE STRENGTH falls below a certain threshold.

Average empire strength can be this.

Total defensive power + total attack power / total number of members.

If 80 members had an attack power of 1000 and a defensive power of 500 the average power of the empire would be 1500.

Now Eve can be average power +\- a certain percent to determine matchups. If there is a difference of 10% or more buff the lower team within the 10% range to make it competitive.

So the further you are from them the more you get buffed. If there is a 20% difference the lower team gets a 10% buff. If it's 35% give them a 25% buff.

Then anyone can beat anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Xcali1985 View Post
                      I don't know that I want to be punished with not being able to play with my friends that I built my toon with. Forcing me to pay a price for showing monetary loyalty to the game.

Instead, they need to introduce a handicap buff when AVERAGE EMPIRE STRENGTH falls below a certain threshold.

Average empire strength can be this.

Total defensive power + total attack power / total number of members.

If 80 members had an attack power of 1000 and a defensive power of 500 the average power of the empire would be 1500.

Now Eve can be average power +\- a certain percent to determine matchups. If there is a difference of 10% or more buff the lower team within the 10% range to make it competitive.

So the further you are from them the more you get buffed. If there is a 20% difference the lower team gets a 10% buff. If it's 35% give them a 25% buff.

Then anyone can beat anyone.
                      What's the motivation to level and get stronger if the match making is just going to give you a bonus?

Again, the upkeep cost is only for those who have gone over the average level cap limit. Most empires won't. Those that do can probably afford it. The hardest hit will be the top 5 overly stacked empires.

Comment

Could always start with a baby step and redue the war board artwork. It's beyond dated.. the backdrop & buildings

Comment

Originally posted by Guy View Post
                          What's the motivation to level and get stronger if the match making is just going to give you a bonus?

Again, the upkeep cost is only for those who have gone over the average level cap limit. Most empires won't. Those that do can probably afford it. The hardest hit will be the top 5 overly stacked empires.
                          I'm just not for punishing someone for supporting the game.

The incentive to level and get stronger is engrained into the game from level 1. Who wants to sit at a level and not progress. There is still reason to level outside of Eve.

In addition just because the game buffs you within 10% doesn't mean you even have a chance of winning. All it does it add the any given war, if everyone isn't on their game and the lower team shows up they can take it to them.

Comment

To me this seems like a sad attempt at punishing empires you can't beat because your empire doesn't perform the way it should. It's not the top empires fault that you can't do what needs to be done to win wars. I've seen empires make it to top legend rank within their first week of being built. So it's really not hard. Don't try and punish others because you don't know what you are doing. It's just sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr death View Post
                              We are penalized now because we have no place to donate cash or an item. Try getting 320 achievements done when you are likely to have those 2 on of your list. Add to it the MVP, execute 10 players 50 levels+, beat 10 players 50 levels +, get an uncommon Lt, the Monday PVP standard and it gets to be quite tough to get an average of 4 from 80 players. More if you are slightly below that number. Not everybody wants to PVP or are built to win at 50+ and most will never see the board.
                              @DR Death
                              Thank you for bringing this subject up.
                              Hopefully GAEA will listen to you. You are a veteran.
                              Daily achievements need a revamp or nerf the current achievements!
                              Since the new UL boss I don't do daily achievements anymore.
                              Too difficult nevermind 8 daily achievements.

On the subject of EVE revamp no comment. I don't have anything to contribute.
                              Last edited by Mobile Mob; 12-22-2017, 02:07 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

Working...
                              X