Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Duel or Invade

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duel or Invade

Sure was much easier figuring out whether to attack in Crime City. Everybody's 2 levels above me, but does a level 40 Hitman mean the same thing as a level 40 something else? How can I beat an Assassin one time and get beat by a Thug another time?

Sometimes.

Should I be using a cheat sheet?

Then I tend to complicate the decision by introducing what's "fair" and what ain't. Like I tend toward dueling because I feel I should be battling mano-a-mano. Then I get pissed when I get my rear end handed to me.

And I feel guilty when sicing 500 allies against 123.

There has to be an easier way. How do you decide?
    F69C23
    Card carrying member of Goodfellas

well.. i don't know many mobsters who fight fair ...though i do agree that dueling is somehow more satisfying lol.

higher rank doesn't necessarily mean a tougher opponent, though you can usually get a very rough idea of how strong a player is in pvp by looking at their win/loss record in conjunction with their battle rank.

here's a few things that i find are generally true.. lots of exceptions and gray areas

many losses > softie
    many wins, low battle rank > hits mostly low ranked targets or loses lots of bp to attackers. probably soft
    low # of losses, high battle rank > probably decent pvp
    low battle rank, low # of wins and losses > probably slayer/questing build. not worth hitting.
    many wins, many losses > loses often, battles frequently to make up for losses in bp. fairly soft, probably
    HUGE number of losses for no apparent reason (10k+ and low or nonexistent battle rank) > throwaway account for bouncing off the player's main. probably soft

it gets more complicated at higher levels because players have had more time to change their builds. And also because weaker builds will sometimes target players many levels lower in order to rank up quickly. but these guidelines (?) still apply, sort of

if you can, try and remember the names from your battle page who bounce you, and don't try attacking them again until you've built up att and def some more. also, it might help to look at the formulae for duel and invade. if you haven't already that is

Comment

Hawk, here's my two cents:

1. For now, since I'm a job hound, I only attack my attackers.

2. I always invade because I'm much stronger in a war than a duel. My view of fair is it should be my game strategy against yours. I will use my strength to attack ur weakness. And I expect u to do same.

When I'm done opening my 5 chairs I will start pvp. At that time, I will have no qualms choosing targets that most assures my win. Ain't personal; it's business.

Comment

2 perfectly acceptable suggestions.

And your response, Anshin, satisfies my (unnecessary) qualms concerning fairplay. I mean, if someone attacks me without provocation I can justifiably return the attack by any means necessary.

Thanks Friday and Anshin!
        F69C23

Comment

Originally posted by Anshin View Post
          2. I always invade because I'm much stronger in a war than a duel. My view of fair is it should be my game strategy against yours. I will use my strength to attack ur weakness. And I expect u to do same.
          They will return the favor by beating you at dueling. I return the favor all the time. Just get a feel at dueling/invading at different War Rank levels. Check out the items and Lts. If they are comparable to yours, duel. If they have crate Lts., I would reconsider looking for another opponent unless you have them also. I don't so I have to move on to another target. I took a day off yesterday to duel solely. Lesson learned, don't pick on a 5 higher level person with a level 6 Johnny. LOL. Major favor spender.

Comment

Originally posted by sludgeboy View Post
            They will return the favor by beating you at dueling. I return the favor all the time. Just get a feel at dueling/invading at different War Rank levels. Check out the items and Lts. If they are comparable to yours, duel. If they have crate Lts., I would reconsider looking for another opponent unless you have them also. I don't so I have to move on to another target. I took a day off yesterday to duel solely. Lesson learned, don't pick on a 5 higher level person with a level 6 Johnny. LOL. Major favor spender.
            So if I understand you correctly, simply skimming thru the names, levels, and ranks on the Fight list is not enough.

I have to actually do some work, huh?

Makes sense though.

(What a polite young man...found a very nice way to advise me to slow my roll...!)
            F69C23

Comment

hawk just to simplify:-
              1) try for someone your own rank first.
              2) if going for higher rank check win loss ratio of player. If win is wayyyy more than loss, skip player.

As for fair play. If this is a pvp game so win at any cost. If war works then war otherwise duel. I would generally prefer to get my allies up to the war limit then do the duel wins. Execution bonuses exist for a reason. Use them. Chain players if they give good bp. But if asked politely then stop. If not then just chain them on principle �� I prefer to chain people who have lost to me in news feed with lvl same or higher than me. Heck I have been chaining 6 people pvp 13 for four days. They haven't asked me to stop so I assume they don't mind. ;p
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Mist!
                (Dang-blast-it...I just may learn this game!")
                F69C23

Comment

Heh. Any time. U can try a free hit on me for testing purposes. But knee jerk response is warned about.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mist View Post
                    Heh. Any time. U can try a free hit on me for testing purposes. But knee jerk response is warned about.
                    I'll consider myself warned.
                    F69C23

Comment

Working...
                    X