Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Account Sharing message....incoming bans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account Sharing message....incoming bans?

Seems kind of random to get that message spammed to the entire player base. Some kind of banhammer coming through?

Re: Account Sharing message....incoming bans?

Originally posted by Sticks_CHAOS View Post
    Seems kind of random to get that message spammed to the entire player base. Some kind of banhammer coming through?
    Lol good bye to half of who is still playing. Lol
    I agree though maybe a big ban is coming. It’s always been a rule here so I’m not sure why it had to be said again. But we shall see. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by ℳ°ℬىƬ∊ℛ View Post
      Lol good bye to half of who is still playing. Lol
      I agree though maybe a big ban is coming. It’s always been a rule here so I’m not sure why it had to be said again. But we shall see. 😂
      I got an iPhone X for Christmas, then I got this message later, figured it was a warning thinking I had shared, but I ignored it because if it was a warning I don’t share so no biggie and if it was something coming down the pipe I would have to deal with it via support when it did.

Comment

its probably to stop account selling or people selling then robbing someone by taking the account back, they probably are fed up of disputes over this behind the scenes, this is something that rears its ugly head on just about every social free to play game ever made at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_teflon View Post
          its probably to stop account selling or people selling then robbing someone by taking the account back, they probably are fed up of disputes over this behind the scenes, this is something that rears its ugly head on just about every social free to play game ever made at some point.
          Prior to the binding lock this was pretty rampant. I know a few in bigger empires who had accounts go completely dead when that was implemented. Those players build toons specifically to sell them. It happens all over. Once their ability to transfer them easily was taken away they cut and run. To some, playing games and selling accounts is a full time job.

Then there is the case of a player who I won't name here who actually preys upon unsuspecting players here. They send an unsolicited PM to players offering them a huge amount of money for their toon. If the player bites and sends the info, that player cancels the transaction scamming the player they solicited. I am *hoping* that the in-game notice here is just a means of letting that player know that all his efforts are about to become fruitless.

Comment

Well one of the biggest toons in this game was purchased from Space of RM and they did nothing about that. They would lose a huge amount of revenue if they kicked all the toons that had been sold or transferred

Comment

Originally posted by GQuest View Post
              Well one of the biggest toons in this game was purchased from Space of RM and they did nothing about that. They would lose a huge amount of revenue if they kicked all the toons that had been sold or transferred
              It was probably a server glitch. Sometimes when things get rebooted commands stuck in cache can accidentally get sent. In addition they could have been testing the messaging system and thought they were in “developer” mode and didn’t intend to send it to the live game.

Comment

Originally posted by GQuest View Post
                Maybe a ban will happen soon to all toons caught selling toons, build and play your own. I'm not a buyer or seller but something needs to happen. I always wondered how these big level 2-3ks seem to appear and never seen em before. Do the devs build and sell toons on side ��

Comment

Originally posted by fbc765 View Post
                  Maybe a ban will happen soon to all toons caught selling toons, build and play your own. I'm not a buyer or seller but something needs to happen. I always wondered how these big level 2-3ks seem to appear and never seen em before. Do the devs build and sell toons on side ��
                  I let this thread be but please do not attack the GAEA Developers or their credibility.

I have voiced my fair share of complaints on bought toons and empires that are guilty of alot of what this thread mentioned that allows certain players to be able to play the game on equal terms with honest players today. I have personally championed the fight against cheaters/hackers/loaders/harassers in the game over the years but only battle i won was having PA implement the ability to block people to chat you in game during the era of major hackers/cheaters back in 2013.

This is a sensitive topic that causes chaos on the forums so i hope we can keep this thread civil and on point without attacking GAEA devs or name calling the cheater/bought accounts in game.

For each Developer that owned this game, they have handled the cheaters differently. PA had the highest ban wave in 2013/14 (which made me spend tens of thousands of dollars on this app to support it) while the last owners of the game handled things their own way (less than $200 in the year 2017 from me and they were mostly promos, should be less than $100 but i wanted Rupture). Current owners are doing their best i believe to tackle cheaters. I have been provided with various reasons on how the handling of banning accounts occur by all owners of the game since it's inception till the present. The justification i was given during the last ban wave by previous game owner however is something i will never forget. Lets hope when proof is provided that Gaea will take care of the matter swiftly or that Gaea is also investigating things their own way.

All i can say from a Mod perspective is for players to keep thread civil and maybe voice suggestions to improve the game or tackle cheaters and send reports of cheaters to support or Duke with proof (or me if you like to follow up with Duke). From a Player perspective I would say honest players should only spend money they won't miss.

Maybe when i retire as a Mod, I will finally break my silence on a lot of things(good and bad) about the game and forums/people that my 4(+) years as GG has shown me in a good bye post (Not today, Flamers/ Trolls ).

I share the concerns of honest players more than they can imagine and encourage all to report cheaters to support or Duke and then see if they take action or not provided the report has proof.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by fbc765 View Post
                    Seriously? We never sell our accounts.
                    And we recommend you not sharing/trading accounts, those will make your property unsafe.
                    Last edited by UWE_Duke; 01-05-2018, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uwe_duke View Post
                      seriously? We never sell our accounts.
                      And we recommend you not sharing/trading accounts, those will make your property unsafe.
                      good to hear that, just so u all know i was not attacking any dev or the credibilty of any dev.... ( at least my warning said i attacked dev's ) i had a question and duke answered it. A honest question i had on my mind at the moment.

Comment

I can understand that, that it popped up, considering something somewhat similar happened in the past by a previous dev in a different company (fp sales at a lower cost)
                        It will always lure.
                        That being said I trust current devs here not to be involved in anything questionable what so ever. They seem to be very reliable on that front to me.
                        Last edited by Ramaria2; 01-05-2018, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X