Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing – The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you’re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don’t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like “you people.”
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not “flame”, “troll.” or “haze”.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don’t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don’t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ‘sock puppet’ accounts – multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator’s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Addressing Android: You, me, and Underworld on the 'droids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addressing Android: You, me, and Underworld on the 'droids

Hey all! The name’s Renn! I’m here to give you guys a little bit more technical information from time to time. As my first post, we’re gonna touch base regarding Underworld Empire on Android (finally, I know!).

Now before we go any further, some good news! We've recently put out an Android update to match up with our current iOS version. We’re sorry for the wait on it’s release, but there were issues found after our iOS release and we wanted to make sure they were fixed on Android before sending it off to the Google Play Store. We are super appreciative of everyone’s exceptional patience during that time and hope you've all checked it out!

Okay, so let’s have the talk: You all know that performance on Android devices isn't up to par with their Apple counterparts. There are tons of posts here on the forums pointing out the slowness and crashes being experienced on a wide variety of ‘droids and we've wrestled with how to address these issues not only on the technical side, but also with how we talk with you, the community. To start off, I wanted to give you guys a picture on how Underworld Empire gets to Android. [This might get kinda technical, so I'll put a tl;dr down below if you want to skip over.]

We write our code in Objective C, which is the language used to program iOS apps. We've got a well established set of frameworks and features to help with code reuse, fancy graphics, and performance that are all optimized and built with iOS use in mind. Underworld Empire was initially built as an iOS only game. When we prepare new features for iOS, we build on top of these frameworks and get a new app build ready for the App Store. What you guys don't know, is that we use a third party company to port Underworld to Android. We send them our iOS code, and then they put it through a series of magical black boxes that allow our iOS specific code to run on Android devices.

tl;dr: Another company takes our iOS code and then uses their system to make it work on Android.

Now, yes, of course there are pros and cons to this approach. The biggest downside is that we have to adapt when making changes to Underworld Empire Android’s performance. However, the biggest upside to this is that as we make improvements [and fix issues] on the iOS platform, it translates directly to fixes for the Android platform. This way we don't need to try to keep two separate code-bases with two separate dev teams up to date with the same features, fixes, graphical improvements, etc.
    • The Bad: Lack of immediate performance quality control. We have to adapt.
    • The Good: Less code, faster fixes, the existence of UW on Android.

Now what are we doing to help improve the current Android situation?
    1. We're constantly working with our third party company on performance improvements for Underworld on their platform.
    2. We're finding the biggest Android pain-points and writing creative ways to address them in the iOS code. As a result, our next version will take some big steps to address top game-breaking issues for Android players overall.

What can you expect from UWAndroid in the future?
    1. Slow but steady performance improvements.
    2. The same content and features as iOS on a similar timetable.

What do we need from you then?
    Well, just keep telling us what's bugging you! Your opinions, ideas, and complaints of course! They drive the game forward regardless of what platform you're playing on. We value your collective feedback and every one of you is a hugely important part of the community and the future of the game.

Ultimately, we’re continuously working and striving to provide the best version of Underworld Empire on Android to you all. We want UWAndroid to be as positive as its iOS counterpart and we’re striving to provide the best in not only performance, but experience too! While we realize that learning all of this now may be a bit overwhelming, we hope being transparent shows that Android does matter to us - just like it matters to you. We’re grateful for the dedication that you all display for UW and we hope you keep an eye on what’s in store for the future .

From this point on, this type of dialogue is gonna keep happening, so I’ll be posting to the Forums with an update about every 2 weeks! (I know, 2 weeks is a bit in between :\) That way, everyone will get an in depth peek at some part of the Underworld developer universe. We hope that by doing this, it sheds more light on where we plan to take Underworld Empire for the future and encourages more communication between us all.

Thanks guys so much for caring about this game as much as we do and working hard to make your voices heard.

We're always listening!
    Last edited by UWE_Tank; 03-02-2015, 07:13 PM.

Re: Addressing Android: You, me, and Underworld on the 'droids

This is great, thank you Renn. It sounds like the dark ages of UE are finally coming to a close 👍 I look forward to the forums having more developer input!

Comment

Originally posted by Squishy View Post
      This is great, thank you Renn. It sounds like the dark ages of UE are finally coming to a close �� I look forward to the forums having more developer input!
      Yes! Thank you for the extra long post explaining what's going on behind the scenes. Really makes all the difference. Hope to see more posts like this, I know he mentioned every two weeks but we'll see..

Comment

Thanks for the detailed post Renn, really appreciate this.

Comment

Nice job ��
          sigpic

Comment

I REALLY hope we'll get more posts like this frequently now. It was well written and didn't feel like it was a burden to communicate to us unlike some of the other posts we've recieved from UE staff

Comment

Nice to hear, tho UWE has been running fine for me past month or 2, i know it hasnt for others. Thank u Renn, cant wait to see whats next
              R.I.P. To The OG 💲☆D9449D☆💲

Comment

i don't get why version 2.0.3 runs alright on my Nexus 6 but 2.2.0 won't even launch...
                wearin the red, blue n yellow...

sigpic

Comment

Are you replacing Tank?
                  1594dc
                  362b14
                  Add Me

Comment

Thanks for acknowledging the problem, it has been really fustrating trying to play on android since the very first release!

Typical lag on the droid is a issue, but more so is the constant unable to connect and connection errors, for example, I just went to my properties, collected cash, and then deposited it in the bank....I got a total of 12 connection errors! In EVE when i try to come out of a building and back to the grid, I get a connection error, then when i hit the back arrows at the top left corner I am taken to the home page, then go through a couple more connect errors just getting back into the war.

I have another toon on an ios device (the hw in my sig), same wifi, and it out performs the android toon and seldom if ever gets the connect error.

I won 15 scratchers in the last event, all but 5 of them gave me the connect error when I tried to use them, no card came up, I wasnt able to scratch at all, and they were deducted from total....emailed support weeks ago, no response.

I dont do events with that toon anymore because obviously it would be a waste of time, so it is just sitting idle during this one. Androids have gotten the short end of the stick in eve, pvp, events and just general leveling without so much as a trinket from PA to say hey, we understand....

Comment

UE works nice on the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Comment

The bossfighting lags is my only issue. Aside from the event(a little lag is understood), when hitting bosses above Titan theres a 4-5 second lag between the time i press attack & when the hit is delivered. Whether its a 1 stam or 40 stam, its the same no matter.
                        R.I.P. To The OG 💲☆D9449D☆💲

Comment

Thanks Reinn hope UE works well on droid soon... I still can manage lts like on my ipad... Can you explain us minimum requirement for playing UE on droid ??? My phone is asus zenfone and sometimes this game is lag and auto close... can u explain to us ????

Comment

Thanks for this post. Can we get all threads started by PA devs/staff stickied or moved to the UE Times section so they're easy to find? I appreciate the communication and imagine others do as well, but anyone who's not on the boards several times a day has a good chance of missing a post like this, especially during an event where the boards are flooded with content.

Comment

Thread Stickied.

Comment

Working...
                              X